Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Question About 8th Region Draw

Featured Replies

What I meant to say is they are not waiting on the girls 30th Final. All I know is the draw has always been on a Sunday.

Per the 8th Bylaws to change the draw to Saturday all schools have to agree on it. It wasn’t unanimous.

 

Thanks for the info. Unreal some schools would not want to draw on Saturday.

  • Replies 34
  • Views 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

  • Author

I had heard that just wasn't for sure how true it was, so I hadn't posted it. Yes 16thBBallfan it would surprise you on who the hold out was!

I had heard that just wasn't for sure how true it was, so I hadn't posted it. Yes 16thBBallfan it would surprise you on who the hold out was!

 

Over my years I have been in a lot of regional tournament meetings. That’s just as silly if it has to be unanimous most if not all items are done by a majority vote. If this is true that’s just as silly as drawing on Sunday.

So looking closer this year all regions held their draws today except the 8th region.

All I know is the draw has always been on a Sunday.

Per the 8th Bylaws to change the draw to Saturday all schools have to agree on it. It wasn’t unanimous.

 

While I appreciate the answer that's just about the dumbest rule I've ever heard. Who wouldn't want to get opponents set as soon as possible? Who is against this?

Thanks to you for the great of searching and getting these posted for all of us to see and start talking about. It's a shame that the 8th region which arguably could be the most competitive from top to bottom and we will only have just over 24 hours to discuss before the first game tips. Thanks again for your ahrd work this morning! Much appreciated!!

 

Great point on the 8th being the most competitive. Crazy 8th.

I heard the Henry county AD is the one holding this up. Just what I heard.

It is not a 8th region Bylaw. It is actually a KHSAA Bylaw that states that all coaches have to agree to move the draw from 2:00 on Sunday. In this case, Coach Simpson from South Oldham did not agree to move it to Saturday. There has a big uproar amongst some of the coaches for not moving it. The Henry County AD even contacted Commissioner Tackett and he said that is the rule an not to move it of all coaches do not agree. While the Bylaw seems odd, and it probably should be a majority decision, it is the rule. The Henry County AD was just following it.

It is not a 8th region Bylaw. It is actually a KHSAA Bylaw that states that all coaches have to agree to move the draw from 2:00 on Sunday. In this case, Coach Simpson from South Oldham did not agree to move it to Saturday. There has a big uproar amongst some of the coaches for not moving it. The Henry County AD even contacted Commissioner Tackett and he said that is the rule an not to move it of all coaches do not agree. While the Bylaw seems odd, and it probably should be a majority decision, it is the rule. The Henry County AD was just following it.

 

I stand corrected. I was under the impression it was a Region bylaw. Thanks for clearing up any confusion.

Baseball guy is correct about the reason for waiting. And not to mention that it wouldn’t benefit Henry County at all to wait. It would actually give them more time to put up seating signage, compile pass lists, etc.

 

Here is the actual Khsaa rule that was shared and probably needs to be changed:

3) The Region meeting shall be held on Sunday afternoon immediately following the district tournaments not prior to 2:00 local time in the school designated as the host. These meetings may be held earlier by mutual agreement of all teams, but not prior to the completion of all district tournament games. The site for future regional tournaments is not an issue for this meeting unless the Principal or the Designated Representative as listed on the KHSAA website is present for all teams in the region (not limited to the competing teams).

Ok that’s the rule fine but then the question would be why or what possible reason would Coach Simpson not want to have it on Saturday.

I would guess that South plays a style that is hard to prepare for in one practice. Just a guess though.

I would guess that South plays a style that is hard to prepare for in one practice. Just a guess though.

 

You’re probably right. And since they play virtually no defense, they don’t need to prepare for one specific opponent.

They played defense Friday night to win the district, however that doesn’t mean they will this week. If they do play defense they’ll have a chance to win the region.

I would guess that South plays a style that is hard to prepare for in one practice. Just a guess though.

 

Really, every team in the region know how they play, they should be prepared.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.