Question About 8th Region Draw

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't hold me to it, but I believe that regions 4, 8, and 14 are all drawing tomorrow. Not a clue why.

Thanks to you for the great of searching and getting these posted for all of us to see and start talking about. It's a shame that the 8th region which arguably could be the most competitive from top to bottom and we will only have just over 24 hours to discuss before the first game tips. Thanks again for your ahrd work this morning! Much appreciated!!

Having the draw on Sunday makes zero sense. I said this yesterday and some on here defended it. With all the resources you can use to scout now a days you should draw as soon as District finals are finished. No one plays today. Teams are set. Now 4 teams will have less than 24 hours to prepare for regional first round, and some schools do not allow Sunday practices!

4th and 14th regions are both doing their draws later today. Apparently there are still girls games to take place in the 8th region, so based on that my assumption would be that they are waiting for those to take place to draw both girls & boys together.

That's just poor scheduling, if that's correct and they are waiting on the 30th girls district final!

So they waiting. Do you know why they never draw on Saturday is it a region rule or just Henry Co. wanting it on Sunday for some reason?

What I meant to say is they are not waiting on the girls 30th Final. All I know is the draw has always been on a Sunday.

Per the 8th Bylaws to change the draw to Saturday all schools have to agree on it. It wasn’t unanimous.