Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Trinity 38 Male 34

Featured Replies

Wow!....what a game. I have never WATCHED a game quite like this one. It came down to the end and every minute was crucial. Male made a few penalties late that they wish they had back but tonight it was not their night, falling inches sort of basically a state championship. Honestly I do not think the best team won tonight...but Trinity deserves it as much as any team does...Congratulations to Trinity and now just make sure none of the outer-louisville teams wins the title.

I never thought I would say this after 2002 but go rocks?

  • Replies 108
  • Views 8.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Does anyone think that Bob Redman may finally review his defensive strategy after losing an 11-point lead with only half of the 4th quarter left? :rolleyes:

 

I left the game after Male scored in the 4th quarter to go up 34 to 23 with 6:00 minutes remaining. There is no way, I would have believe that Redman would have stayed in his press man coverage. I believe if he had played zone for the rest of the game, Trinity would have run out of time. But who knows.

 

During the game it was obvious that Trinity could run the ball when Male went to a 4 deep zone look, but when Male went to press man and bringing pressure they were stuffing the run and doing a fairly good job with the pass. Heyman (#46) for Male was their weakest link on the field. He is a great talent but was too big and not quick enough to cover Trinity's receivers, who ran precision routes.

 

That game was lost by Male for sure.

WOW

 

What a great night of high school football. Trinity did exactly what they needed to do early. They came out and got a lead and played agressive defense, holding Male to 7 points in the first half. All the talk has been about Nick Petrino (and it is deserved) but Bobby Petrino made some incredible hits.

 

Male then did exactly what they needed to do in the second half. They started with the opening series in the second half and clearly established that they are an outstanding offensive football team.

 

This is what high school football is all about. Both teams left EVERYTHING on the field and after the game there were hugs exchanged between both teams. Doug Beaumont is a MAN. As someone said earlier thank goodness he is going to Louisville.

Awesome, awesome, awesome.....thank you Rocks and Dawgs for another magical experience...I really thought that holding Williams was the key...and it worked (as much as it could). Rocks, see you on Thanksgiving.

I think if you watch close enough, Male was in a 2 deep defense for alot of the 2nd & 3rd downs in the 4th quarter. The problem (I fell) is that one or both safeties do not play enough of this to allow them to cover the deep half. I watched several times as the safety sat on the hash and never played the ball on outside the hash as receivers were running vertical and corner routes and getting substantial yardage. I will agree that Heyman was grossly mismatched but they kept him on #2 who constantly got behind him. Josh Williams' TD catch/run was ridiculous! The TD catch/run across the field towards the Trinity sideline was great as well, just too bad it got called back. I assume it was an illegal formation call since the play was allowed to run. I guess they had 2 illegal formations called late in the game, the other coming right before they tried a field goal that went wide left.

 

Doug Beaumont is a tremendous athlete, he will make a great college football player on either side of the ball. Some had not given him his dues on defense but he has been a great defender for the past 3 years, his offensive performance just overshadows that. I cannot believe that the ball was not in his hands for the final 2 plays. I expected to see him in the shotgun for the last play with .6 seconds left. The clock seemed to stand still as Gainey took the ball and rolled right before cutting upfield to try for the goal line. Can someone give me the number/name of the tackler at the goal line?

 

Great game, in my opinion, much better than the 2002 final because the defenses were MUCH better! I actually left that 2002 game early because I could not stand the obvious lack of defense.

I think if you watch close enough, Male was in a 2 deep defense for alot of the 2nd & 3rd downs in the 4th quarter. The problem (I fell) is that one or both safeties do not play enough of this to allow them to cover the deep half. I watched several times as the safety sat on the hash and never played the ball on outside the hash as receivers were running vertical and corner routes and getting substantial yardage. I will agree that Heyman was grossly mismatched but they kept him on #2 who constantly got behind him. Josh Williams' TD catch/run was ridiculous! The TD catch/run across the field towards the Trinity sideline was great as well, just too bad it got called back. I assume it was an illegal formation call since the play was allowed to run. I guess they had 2 illegal formations called late in the game, the other coming right before they tried a field goal that went wide left.

 

Doug Beaumont is a tremendous athlete, he will make a great college football player on either side of the ball. Some had not given him his dues on defense but he has been a great defender for the past 3 years, his offensive performance just overshadows that. I cannot believe that the ball was not in his hands for the final 2 plays. I expected to see him in the shotgun for the last play with .6 seconds left. The clock seemed to stand still as Gainey took the ball and rolled right before cutting upfield to try for the goal line. Can someone give me the number/name of the tackler at the goal line?

Great game, in my opinion, much better than the 2002 final because the defenses were MUCH better! I actually left that 2002 game early because I could not stand the obvious lack of defense.

 

GR8, the tackler was #9, Agyei (Ah-jay) Williams.

 

Hats off to you guys, that was one hell of a game! The REAL State Championship.

... the last play with .6 seconds left. The clock seemed to stand still...

 

There was a lot of that going on last night.

We three were indeed granted the rare audience of the one so exalted. :walk:

 

 

Ugh..I am confused :confused: :confused: :confused: I wasn't there!! ;) :laugh: :laugh:

 

 

Listened to the game on the radio...WOW is all I can say! :ylsuper: :ylsuper:

 

Great job to all the kids. To Williams..what a stop!!

Wow what a game. I still think that the winner of this game was going to be the AAAA state champion

 

GO ROCKS

If it is permissible to discuss this, what is the extent of the injury to Trinity's ILB no. 42 who was carted off with what appeared to be a severe leg injury? His absence was felt by T tonight. I think he is T's best defensive player. Let's hope his injury is not severe and Godspeed in his recovery.

 

Broken ankle. You could definitely tell a difference when #42 wasn't out there.

 

Another game for the ages, only thing you can say is WOW. What a game played by both teams. Male has a very good ball team and Trinity refused to give up. Offense wins games and defense wins championships and last night was like a championship. Congrats to Rocks and lets win two more.

Hats off to both teams on a great game. Congrats to the Dawgs on a wonderful season.....nothing to be ashamed of. Congrats to Coach Beatty and the Rock on an impressive performance. Keep the 4-A title in the Ville for the 10 consecutive year.

 

One thing I want to let the Rocks fans know......

 

You all have one classy QB and team. As I watched the final play unfold and the celebration occur, I felt horrible for the Male players. But the one thing I saw that made it a little better, was as Trinity's players were celebrating with their fans in the endzone, QB Nick Petrino was over on Male's sideline giving Doug Beaumont a hug and shaking the hands of the coaches and players. Then shortly after the rest of the Rocks joined in on the sportsmanship. Great to see the respect that Petrino showed. I already had great respect for Trinity and its program but that display by Petrino uped it a little more.

 

Good Luck ROCKS!!!!

Congrats Rocks. Nice Win

The classic matchup of all-time. Congrats to both teams. See you rocks on friday. I hope to meet some of you.

Male made a few penalties late that they wish they had back but tonight it was not their night, falling inches sort of basically a state championship. Honestly I do not think the best team won tonight...

 

What ever happened to settling this debate on the field? This is the second year in a row that we've had to hear this "best team didn't win" comment. That must be the talking point of the district in western Louisville. How about the old saying that goes... "to be the best, you have to beat the best".

What ever happened to settling this debate on the field? This is the second year in a row that we've had to hear this "best team didn't win" comment. That must be the talking point of the district in western Louisville. How about the old saying that goes... "to be the best, you have to beat the best".

What is it about Trinity that they continue to win when they consistently are not the "best team"? What are the criteria for judging which is the better team? I daresay most people who say T is not the better team use subjective rather than objective criteria, and may have an undisclosed or subconscious bias.

 

But then again, maybe T's coaching staff has something to do with it, maybe it's the field conditions. I know - it's got to be because a certain Cajun Trinity fan from the bayou casts a voodoo spell on their opponents with dolls and needles.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.