Kareem Hunt to Browns

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

How do these players get a second chance to pursue their profession while others get nailed to the cross for indiscretions that happened 30-40 years ago? Don't get me wrong--I'm all for second chances and am saddened by the immediate trial-by-social-media mindset that exists in our society.

How do these players get a second chance to pursue their profession while others get nailed to the cross for indiscretions that happened 30-40 years ago? Don't get me wrong--I'm all for second chances and am saddened by the immediate trial-by-social-media mindset that exists in our society.

Financially useful vs. not.

What PR hit have they taken by taking Mayfield? Seems like he has brought excitement and good attention to the Browns not bad.

I’m just saying... They drafted a guy to be their franchise QB who ran from the cops on camera, grabbed his junk and flicked off opponents on national TV. They aren’t worried about optics.

I’m just saying... They drafted a guy to be their franchise QB who ran from the cops on camera, grabbed his junk and flicked off opponents on national TV. They aren’t worried about optics.

Wow, I originally liked FC's comment in asking how Baker was a PR hit. I forgot all of that! How quickly we forget some things!

Just to be clear, what Hunt did is not domestic violence. I'm not sure he even knew that girl. What he did would be in the assault category.

Great point woodsider. I don't know all the details on Hunt but what Mixon did was not domestic violence either. The following is from ESPN:

Mixon committed a violent act against a woman, but he did not commit domestic violence. And it's important that these two offenses not be conflated because it otherwise suggests that domestic violence is an issue solely impacting women and that it requires a violent act. To perpetuate this misunderstanding of domestic abuse only hampers efforts to identify and eradicate it.

When it comes to Joe Mixon, don't confuse domestic violence with assault