Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Syracuse 95 Duke 91 (OT)

Featured Replies

  • Replies 33
  • Views 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The shot hit by that guy from Syracuse at the halftime horn was ridiculous.

  • Author

Reddish did not play and Jones went out with a shoulder injury and will be out indefinitely.

The shot hit by that guy from Syracuse at the halftime horn was ridiculous.

Should be #1 on Sports Center.

I mentioned this to my buddies earlier. It's funny how after the UK game everyone was ready to anoint Duke the champions no questions asked.

 

Don't mistake this as a UK fan saying it's wide open. But at this point I'd say it's pretty wide open come March. With that said, if I were a gambling man it would be hard not to bet on Duke. Glad I'm not a gambler.

Reddish did not play and Jones went out with a shoulder injury and will be out indefinitely.

 

What happened to Jones?

I mentioned this to my buddies earlier. It's funny how after the UK game everyone was ready to anoint Duke the champions no questions asked.

 

Don't mistake this as a UK fan saying it's wide open. But at this point I'd say it's pretty wide open come March. With that said, if I were a gambling man it would be hard not to bet on Duke. Glad I'm not a gambler.

 

A healthy Duke team will still be the champions... The near loss to FSU, Zion didn't play at all in the second half, and in this loss, Trey Jones didn't play for the majority. You can tell yourself it's wide open if you'd like.

A healthy Duke team will still be the champions... The near loss to FSU, Zion didn't play at all in the second half, and in this loss, Trey Jones didn't play for the majority. You can tell yourself it's wide open if you'd like.

 

It isn't wide-open, but a healthy Duke lost to a short-handed Gonzaga already. There's definitely a handful of teams that can win the title in addition to Duke.

It isn't wide-open, but a healthy Duke lost to a short-handed Gonzaga already.

 

Fluke.

Fluke.

 

Which that's all it takes in the NCAA for Duke to be out. That's why the very best team in college basketball doesn't win it every year. All it takes is one off night, while the other team is playing out of its mind. Hence why Coach K doesn't have like 15 titles, because in his career he probably has had the best team entering the tournament a lot more than he has actually won it.

 

Duke definitely is the favorite, but as you said all it takes is another fluke as you called it for Duke's season to end.

Which that's all it takes in the NCAA for Duke to be out. That's why the very best team in college basketball doesn't win it every year. All it takes is one off night, while the other team is playing out of its mind. Hence why Coach K doesn't have like 15 titles, because in his career he probably has had the best team entering the tournament a lot more than he has actually won it.

 

Duke definitely is the favorite, but as you said all it takes is another fluke as you called it for Duke's season to end.

 

All I'm saying is that it isn't "wide open" as some want to think. It rarely is.

All I'm saying is that it isn't "wide open" as some want to think. It rarely is.

 

By the way I'd define wide open, this year is far from it.

All I'm saying is that it isn't "wide open" as some want to think. It rarely is.

 

I'd say there's about 6-7 teams that can legitimately win the title this season....Duke being the most likely.

All I'm saying is that it isn't "wide open" as some want to think. It rarely is.

 

With a healthy Duke team, it was Dukes National Championship to lose. Jones is out indefinitely though. It's now wide open.

Looking back at this game the one problem I saw that might be a problem in the future is the number of shots 2 players take.

 

Barrett took 30 and Williamson 20. Neither shot 50%

 

White went 0-10 which is an anomaly.

 

If they get in a tight tournament game and 50 out of 80 shots are from two people it might not bode well for a win.

 

Otherwise it is clear they are the most talented team in the field IMO.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.