January 15, 20197 yr I'm thrilled Big Monday is back. That ACC game at 7 pm (that used to be the Big East game at 7 pm) is almost always must-watch for me.
January 15, 20197 yr I'm thrilled Big Monday is back. That ACC game at 7 pm (that used to be the Big East game at 7 pm) is almost always must-watch for me. Man, those Big East Big Monday games were the good times.
January 15, 20197 yr Author What happened to Jones? Some kind of bad shoulder separation going after a loose ball with a Syracuse player.
January 15, 20197 yr Looking back at this game the one problem I saw that might be a problem in the future is the number of shots 2 players take. Barrett took 30 and Williamson 20. Neither shot 50% White went 0-10 which is an anomaly. If they get in a tight tournament game and 50 out of 80 shots are from two people it might not bode well for a win. Otherwise it is clear they are the most talented team in the field IMO. You do understand that they were missing two starters in Tre Jones and Cam Reddish?
January 15, 20197 yr What happened to Jones? Sprained AC joint in his shoulder. Return is unknown. Grade of the sprain is unknown also. I doubt we’ll ever find out how serious. Duke never gives out injury info.
January 15, 20197 yr Sprained AC joint in his shoulder. Return is unknown. Grade of the sprain is unknown also. I doubt we’ll ever find out how serious. Duke never gives out injury info. Saw the replay of the injury and it didn't look good. He was going hard after the ball and just rammed his shoulder right into the other player. Hopefully he'll be back but I suspect he's out for a few games at least.
January 15, 20197 yr You do understand that they were missing two starters in Tre Jones and Cam Reddish? Yes. But how does that equate to 50 shots by 2 people? Is Bolden not capable of scoring too? He went 4-6. Six shots. O'Connell shot well and was 5-9 and 4-8 from three but he only got 9 shots. I'm just pointing out what you probably saw. The 2 big Frosh that were still on the floor were looking more for their shot than setting up some other offensive options, IMO. Just an observation.
January 15, 20197 yr Yes. But how does that equate to 50 shots by 2 people? Is Bolden not capable of scoring too? He went 4-6. Six shots. O'Connell shot well and was 5-9 and 4-8 from three but he only got 9 shots. I'm just pointing out what you probably saw. The 2 big Frosh that were still on the floor were looking more for their shot than setting up some other offensive options, IMO. Just an observation. Yeah. That’s called not having your starting PG on the floor. No, the offense never sets up Bolden and never will. He’s not even a starter and neither him nor Javin at dependable scorers in the post. They score off of offensive rebounds and that’s pretty much it. You can only throw them the ball in the post so many times and continually have them lose the ball before you quit looking for their shot. O’Connell shot well and he also had two horrendous turnovers late in the game that cost the team. Not to mention, the Duke offense ran the shot clock down to single digits pretty much every possession and then they’d give it to RJ with 7 seconds left because they know he can get a shot off. Jack White was 0-10 from deep. How many shots does he need? I don’t know what game you watched but I saw a game where the PG who plays 37 minutes a game got hurt and their third best player didn’t even dress. I’m amazed at the amount of people who act like those two factors not only affected the outcome but how they looked as a team. No college team is capable of overcoming that kind of change on the fly. I don’t care how talented they are. Nevermind that Tre Jones is the best defender in the nation as well as the straw who stirs the drink for the Blue Devils.
January 15, 20197 yr Yeah. That’s called not having your starting PG on the floor. No, the offense never sets up Bolden and never will. He’s not even a starter and neither him nor Javin at dependable scorers in the post. They score off of offensive rebounds and that’s pretty much it. You can only throw them the ball in the post so many times and continually have them lose the ball before you quit looking for their shot. O’Connell shot well and he also had two horrendous turnovers late in the game that cost the team. Not to mention, the Duke offense ran the shot clock down to single digits pretty much every possession and then they’d give it to RJ with 7 seconds left because they know he can get a shot off. Jack White was 0-10 from deep. How many shots does he need? I don’t know what game you watched but I saw a game where the PG who plays 37 minutes a game got hurt and their third best player didn’t even dress. I’m amazed at the amount of people who act like those two factors not only affected the outcome but how they looked as a team. No college team is capable of overcoming that kind of change on the fly. I don’t care how talented they are. Nevermind that Tre Jones is the best defender in the nation as well as the straw who stirs the drink for the Blue Devils. :isurrender: I'm just a novice at analyzing the game. I will bow to those who know better and will just make sure to bridle any criticisms in the future. :thumb:
January 15, 20197 yr Man, those Big East Big Monday games were the good times. No matter what one’s rooting interest was, that was must see TV...
January 15, 20197 yr :isurrender: I'm just a novice at analyzing the game. I will bow to those who know better and will just make sure to bridle any criticisms in the future. :thumb: Don’t be like that. I’m tired of seeing people act like just because Zion and RJ were on the court that everything should have been fine. Anyone who has been watching Duke knows the value and importance of Tre Jones. The fact that people think you can lose your starting PG minutes into the game and the team should have adjusted accordingly is mind boggling. No team in college is that damn good. I don’t care who their coach is.
January 15, 20197 yr Don’t be like that. I’m tired of seeing people act like just because Zion and RJ were on the court that everything should have been fine. Anyone who has been watching Duke knows the value and importance of Tre Jones. The fact that people think you can lose your starting PG minutes into the game and the team should have adjusted accordingly is mind boggling. No team in college is that damn good. I don’t care who their coach is. It's all good Purple. You know it's not personal with me. :thumb: I just know that they need to learn from it because injuries happen at the worst times and so does foul trouble. If you have only one guy that can effectively run the offense then you may run into a road block in the future.
January 15, 20197 yr It's all good Purple. You know it's not personal with me. :thumb: I just know that they need to learn from it because injuries happen at the worst times and so does foul trouble. If you have only one guy that can effectively run the offense then you may run into a road block in the future. I am interested in seeing what they look like on Saturday against Virginia. Cam should be back and Coach K will have had time to figure out how to adjust with Tre not playing.
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.