January 12, 20197 yr I see multiple news reports that he is out in Cincinnati. Good or bad move? I think it is a good move, my first thought was if we hire a young, head coach we need to get rid of Jackson.
January 12, 20197 yr I see multiple news reports that he is out in Cincinnati. Good or bad move? I think it is a good move, my first thought was if we hire a young, head coach we need to get rid of Jackson. Bill Lazor is also gone.
January 12, 20197 yr Author Bill Lazor is also gone. It appears it is going to be a near total overhaul.
January 12, 20197 yr Author Probably not a bad thing. I agree and crossing my fingers, and toes, and anything else I can cross.
January 12, 20197 yr This is a good thing. Coming off of his recent experience in Cleveland I don't know that he can bring much positive input to the table. Also, given that he is a "Marvin Lewis guy", he should not be in the building when a new HC and staff arrive.
January 12, 20197 yr Isn't it normal to get rid of most assistants when you fire the HC? New guy is gonna want his people.
January 12, 20197 yr Cincyjungle.com says the Bengals will keep Darrin Simmons and Frank Pollack. Edited January 12, 20197 yr by Voice of Reason
January 12, 20197 yr Isn't it normal to get rid of most assistants when you fire the HC? New guy is gonna want his people. Yes. They usually get rid of the major guys, like OC and DC, but may keep some position coaches, like Special Teams, or TEs, etc. But usually just a few, if any.
January 12, 20197 yr Good move for Hue Jackson and for us. Jackson did nothing to hurt the Bengals and actually did some good when he coached the offense. His role as Assistant was neither good or bad.
January 15, 20197 yr Isn't it normal to get rid of most assistants when you fire the HC? New guy is gonna want his people. That's the way it should be. The head coach should have full control over his staff. Otherwise, you're just asking for problems.
January 15, 20197 yr That may be some type of record to get fired twice in one season and actually in only about 3 months. lol
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.