November 13, 200619 yr Henry is under his rookie contract, now I have no clue what it is, I doubt he is making millions a year. Or he shouldn't be if he is. Henry has made a lot of big catches for this franchise in his short stay. Lets not turn our backs on him, for one drop. Also, like GT said... he probably has a few lawyers on his payroll lol. I can start to turn my back on him for getting arrested 4 times or so, being in the car when it got pulled over with an impaired driver, showing an incredible lack of effort last game and a couple times this game, not to mention the drop at the end of this game.
November 13, 200619 yr I agree and it was a tough catch. Should he have caught it? Yes.. did he No. However, didn't Chad a one point lead the league in drops? Carson throws to him. Your gonna have a drop here and there. Thats football. I don't recall many, if any, CLUTCH plays where Chad dropped a pass. I remember zero in the end zone.
November 13, 200619 yr Henry is still a young kid also. Heck I would have been scared after watching what they did to Housh and got away with it. Some of these guys have families ya know. Fine. Hang up your helmet and get off the darn field then.
November 13, 200619 yr Henry is under his rookie contract, now I have no clue what it is, I doubt he is making millions a year. Or he shouldn't be if he is. Henry has made a lot of big catches for this franchise in his short stay. Lets not turn our backs on him, for one drop. Also, like GT said... he probably has a few lawyers on his payroll lol. I'm hearing a lot of excuses here, SA. One drop? How about lack of effort? How about being afraid? How about not being on the field at all? I can live with "one drop." I can't stomach the rest.
November 13, 200619 yr You know I'm not a typical fan in how I see the game, and I pay attention to schemes and blown coverages. From what I've seen on 3rd down (and more today because I was there) it's the scheme more often than not. The middle and deep sideline routes are always wide open. If it was once or twice, I can put it on a player. Over this many games, I'm looking at the scheme very closely, and not liking what I see... . Lets assume you are correct. IF so, you're letting one guy off pretty easy here when you place the blame on Chuck.
November 13, 200619 yr Lets assume you are correct. IF so, you're letting one guy off pretty easy here when you place the blame on Chuck. Does Chuck get a free year for keeping him around???
November 13, 200619 yr Does Chuck get a free year for keeping him around??? We're obviously talking about different people. My guy MAKES the determination of who stays and who goes.
November 13, 200619 yr We're obviously talking about different people. My guy MAKES the determination of who stays and who goes. Are you saying Marvin keeps your problem in #20 even though Chuck wants him gone???
November 13, 200619 yr Are you saying Marvin keeps your problem in #20 even though Chuck wants him gone??? Nope. I'm saying that all of the blame cannot be laid at the feet of Chuck. If its a consistent problem in schemes, I find it hard to believe that Marvin doesn't have some culpability. Its not like he doesn't know anything about defense and simply turns it over to Chuck. What kind of HC would he be to say that its all Chuck's calls and he doesn't have input? You cannot tell me that Marvin doesn't make calls for the defense during a game or tell Chuck what adjustments he thinks that the team needs to make. Its not just Chuck.
November 13, 200619 yr Nope. I'm saying that all of the blame cannot be laid at the feet of Chuck. If its a consistent problem in schemes, I find it hard to believe that Marvin doesn't have some culpability. Its not like he doesn't know anything about defense and simply turns it over to Chuck. What kind of HC would he be to say that its all Chuck's calls and he doesn't have input? You cannot tell me that Marvin doesn't make calls for the defense during a game or tell Chuck what adjustments he thinks that the team needs to make. Its not just Chuck. I know an OC for a 7-2 team that was fired in a situation much like the one you mentioned. I'm guessing Marvin learned his lesson when he tried to call plays with Frazier as the DC...
November 13, 200619 yr Everytime I see that last play I get so mad. Holt wasn't even looking at the ball and it was a terrible throw.
November 13, 200619 yr Author The wagon just got a lot smaller. Hey, I'll still cheer for them. I hate the idea of the Old Browns and the New Browns making the playoffs.
November 13, 200619 yr I feel for Popovich, it's been a rough 6 weeks for him, thought he had enough over the past decade and a half and now he has to deal with all these yahoos calling. Did anyone else see the interview with TJ, very disappointed with his comments, ....He's in LA a lot, and I got homies out there....., that's uncalled for, what does that prove???
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.