Mayfield (10-2) at Metcalfe County (10-2)

Who wins Friday?  

40 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins Friday?

The biggest difference in this year and past years is a much more capable passing attack. In the past Mayfield has only passed out of necessity, this year the run is still what Morris prefers and always will but he has tried to allow himself to utilize the strengths this team has and that is a much better passing attack that is sometimes used in other situations than out of being forced to throw. Maybe we learned a thing or two from a NCC team last year or maybe Morris just cant ignore the teams strengths which any good coach would do. I dont think this years defense is as good as last years, it has been awsome against inferior teams in our district and preformed nicely against PT but earlier in the year there were some backs that had huge games against the Cards. I can still invision a blur from the Hoptown game that I heard some fans refer to as Taylor, a kid from Union had a run or two early that I cant shake the memory of and williams from Marshall County looked all state. The defense worries me but it has been awhile since we have had any backs hurt us.

If you recall, last years team had some atroshish nights on the defensive end and then got better later on in the year...

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This years team hands down has more heart...they don't act foolish and I'd rather have our backs this year than last...enough on that! I do agree this years line blocks much better when we pass. Our "D" still isn't putting as much pressure on the QB as in the past. These are all piddley things...Hey it's hard to complain about the way we are playing!!!

ROCKET...yeah, I will miss Murray and don't really think Crittendon will beat the Cards but like once a decade, but the games should be alot closer. The last 10 years Murray's teams haven't really even tested Mayfield except

So you Mayfield folks excited about Crittenden being in your district next year? I think it will make for a better rivalry than Murray, I'm sure we will win as frequently as Murray did but maybe the games will be more competitive, either way I think it will on help the Rockets get better and help when it comes to playing the Cards in the playoffs

IMO Crittenden will give Mayfield better games just because of the good coaching staff that they have. In the last 2 or 3 years Crittenden has had me worried more than any team we played in the first three rounds of the playoffs.

So you Mayfield folks excited about Crittenden being in your district next year? I think it will make for a better rivalry than Murray, I'm sure we will win as frequently as Murray did but maybe the games will be more competitive, either way I think it will on help the Rockets get better and help when it comes to playing the Cards in the playoffs

If anyone wins in the district it will be for the first time. Mayfield has not lost a regular season district game since dropping to class A.

Mayfield 27 Metcalfe 8

Mayfield comes out with their bruising attack and gets 2 quick scores and gets a comfortable win. It's November and Mayfield always goes deep into Novemeber.

Adam shelton has that refuse to lose attitude and it appears to be rubbing off on the rest of the team.

IMO Crittenden will give Mayfield better games just because of the good coaching staff that they have. In the last 2 or 3 years Crittenden has had me worried more than any team we played in the first three rounds of the playoffs.

2 Years ago was one heckuva game!!!:thumb:

Also, I think had Murray had Coach Starnes coaching they may have one a game or two against Mayfield, these next 2 years should be good games with both teams with lots of young talent. Im glad we are joining the first district, if you want to be the best, you have to beat the best!!!

2 Years ago was one heckuva game!!!:thumb:

Also, I think had Murray had Coach Starnes coaching they may have one a game or two against Mayfield, these next 2 years should be good games with both teams with lots of young talent. Im glad we are joining the first district, if you want to be the best, you have to beat the best!!!

Glad to have Crittenden in the mix...If somehow Murray could have stayed in 1a, then this would be a pretty strong district...

This game is Mayfield's to lose. A strong defense, and potent mix it up offense should combine for a big win. Hold on to the ball and keep pressure on Warf and this could get lopsided. Fumble it around, throw interceptions, and Warf throwing well could turn things around in a hurry. Obviously, Mayfield is the favorite, but there's a reason games are not played on paper.

Mayfield should beat anyone that lost to Adair County and McLean County, but the long road trip could take some of the starch out of the Cardinals. Mayfield 24, Metcalfe 6.
I was meaning to ask you, westsider. The game against McLean, with the season already being wrapped up and knowing they were playing them again the next week at home, did Metcalfe really come and play against McLean in week 11? Do you know anything about that game?

I was meaning to ask you, westsider. The game against McLean, with the season already being wrapped up and knowing they were playing them again the next week at home, did Metcalfe really come and play against McLean in week 11? Do you know anything about that game?

Not westsider(who could replace him):D

but I heard that the bad weather was the main problem.