Mayfield (10-2) at Metcalfe County (10-2)

Who wins Friday?  

40 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins Friday?

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is game time still 7:30? I heard they might move it up to 7:00 so everyone can get home before breakfast on saturday.

Game time is 7:30pm and Metcalfe is on Central time. Tickets are $5 and Mayfield will be taking a fan bus to the game...so if you are one of the first 50 people to pay your money you can let someone else do the driving for you.

Game time is 7:30pm and Metcalfe is on Central time. Tickets are $5 and Mayfield will be taking a fan bus to the game...so if you are one of the first 50 people to pay your money you can let someone else do the driving for you.

Wow, I was hearing the opposite that gametime was 7 and Metcalfe was Eastern Time zone, they do line up with Louisville, but the zone could wrap around Metcalfe county.

I like the way you think Rocket!

I think Metcalfe is a good team no doubt, but Mayfield is really peaking at the right time and I feel are just as good as last years team with the exception of the O-line. The long bus ride won't seem so long on a charter bus with a football DVD playing and a meal stop! Shelton can run or throw, has four backs who can carry the load, and three receivers that can catch the big one. Plus with McNutt at kicker and Williams at punter, Mayfield has as good as special teamers as anyone in the state. Mayfield's "D" has only given up 14 points in the last 6 games to the first team!

Mayfield-40

Metcalfe-15

I think Metcalfe is a good team no doubt, but Mayfield is really peaking at the right time and I feel are just as good as last years team with the exception of the O-line. The long bus ride won't seem so long on a charter bus with a football DVD playing and a meal stop! Shelton can run or throw, has four backs who can carry the load, and three receivers that can catch the big one. Plus with McNutt at kicker and Williams at punter, Mayfield has as good as special teamers as anyone in the state. Mayfield's "D" has only given up 14 points in the last 6 games to the first team!

Mayfield-40

Metcalfe-15

So you Mayfield folks excited about Crittenden being in your district next year? I think it will make for a better rivalry than Murray, I'm sure we will win as frequently as Murray did but maybe the games will be more competitive, either way I think it will on help the Rockets get better and help when it comes to playing the Cards in the playoffs

Wow, I was hearing the opposite that gametime was 7 and Metcalfe was Eastern Time zone, they do line up with Louisville, but the zone could wrap around Metcalfe county.

I too was figuring that they would be in the Eastern time zone, but the time zone does wrap around...I got my information on the game time and what time zone they are in from Metcalfe's AD and Coach Morris from Mayfield. Will be a long trip back to Mayfield...but hopefully a happy one.

Mayfield-40

Metcalfe-15

I wouldn't go as far as to say they were as good as last years team...Last years team had a very good corp of RBs in Rust,Hatchell and Dumas to go along with Shelton...Theres noone in this years backfield who can compare to any of the 3..This yrs RBs are adequate but nothing more..I think this years OL is better at pass blocking and they have better receivers and Shelton has uped his game a notch or 2, but, overall, last years offense was better..I do think that Mayfields DBs and LBs are better and may get a slight nod over last years defense, but, just slightly if any...

The biggest difference in this year and past years is a much more capable passing attack. In the past Mayfield has only passed out of necessity, this year the run is still what Morris prefers and always will but he has tried to allow himself to utilize the strengths this team has and that is a much better passing attack that is sometimes used in other situations than out of being forced to throw. Maybe we learned a thing or two from a NCC team last year or maybe Morris just cant ignore the teams strengths which any good coach would do. I dont think this years defense is as good as last years, it has been awsome against inferior teams in our district and preformed nicely against PT but earlier in the year there were some backs that had huge games against the Cards. I can still invision a blur from the Hoptown game that I heard some fans refer to as Taylor, a kid from Union had a run or two early that I cant shake the memory of and williams from Marshall County looked all state. The defense worries me but it has been awhile since we have had any backs hurt us.