Mayfield (10-2) at Metcalfe County (10-2)

Who wins Friday?  

40 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins Friday?

Who wins this one?

I really think that with Mayfield's running game and passing game at its best right now will be hard to stop. If Metcalfe puts 8 or 9 in the box then Mayfield will throw the ball. Murray put 9 in the box and Mayfield still ran the ball with good results.

Mayfield has been in this situation before so the coaching staff will know what to do. I don't think the trip will bother the boys (I have never bought the long trip excuse) and they will play fine. Coach Lawson will have a great defensive plan to stop whatever Metcalfe throws at Mayfield. Hope everyone has a safe trip.

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We have heard that the last three times we have played them.:rolleyes:

First, you've only played them twice. In 2003, Mayfield beat Metcalfe, 14-7. Last season Mayfield won 34-0. I think Metcalfe has an advantage in the fact that they are the home team. They are also a better team than last year. With that being said, I think Mayfield is the better team. It will be close, but call it Mayfield 21, Metcalfe County 7.

I would think Mayfield is more offensively diverse than Metcalfe and Mayfield will be the best team they have faced this season. Mayfield is about as good as they were last season and the Cards have a strong defense. Not having seen Metcalfe play but looking at their schedule I see Mayfield winning around 35-7.

I'm sure Mayfield won't overlook Metcalfe...They've got a fine team, but, it appears they've been inconsistent...They've had some blowout, quality wins and then I see losses to Adair and Mclean and I can't help but wonder about them...I would think the Better Metcalfe team will show up, considering the circumstances and whats at stake, so, I think it'll end up being a good game..I like Mayfields ability to beat you through the air this year, which is typically not the trademark of a Cardinal team, but, it sure opens up the run game when you can pass it....I'll take Mayfield in this one 31-14

The Cards are playing their best football of the season and that is the way it is supposed to be this time of the year...they are playing extremely hard and are extremely focused. I also too don't buy the long road trip excuse, as the Big Red Machine has too much experience with having to contend with the long bus rides in the playoffs. I also like the fact that Mayfield has had to win coming from behind against a quality team such as Hopkinsville, and won in overtime against Tilghman...so the Cards have been in nailbiters and have come out on top. The defense right now is playing as well as anybody and are flying to the ball. Metcalfe will have to throw the ball to win against the Cards, and I know that Warf their QB is a good one...just don't think that he will have much time to sit back and find open receivers with Mayfield's blitz packages. If Mayfield continues to play the way they have the past 3-4 weeks then Mayfield wins 28-7...but I will predicate this by saying that in playoffs anything can happen...just ask Bardstown. Metcalfe is a good football team and I just hope that Mayfield is not overlooking them for a possible final showdown with the ADS of Danville should they beat Bethlehem.

On a side note...hope to see alot of Red and Black in the stands at Metcalfe County...speaking of which what type of stadium does Metcalfe has if anyone knows.

http://www.glasgowdailytimes.com/sports

Link to Metcalfe - Russellville game story, looks like they love to run the sophmore rb and the QB Warf tried to throw alot more than they have been (7 of 21)

Humm, I had a Metcalfe fan say the QB was accurate, that is only 33%. Adam Shelton was 88% (14 of 16) against Murray Friday night. Sounds like if Mayfield can stop this RB the game could be in the bag.

You can't always base 1 game stats on a QBs efficiency...Maybe a few of those were dropped or others that the defense made great plays...I'd trust it if someone said he was an accurate thrower...How many coaches would call 21 pass plays on a wet night with the lead unless they had confidence in there passing game, especially when you've got a RB gaining over 200 yds..