December 17, 20187 yr Now to get off the qb topic. What the heck took the Bengals coaches so long to realize their defense is best man to man pressing. Ever since they switched to basically press man after they got down 14 to 0 last week against the Chargers. The defense has played really solid. Just makes this year even more frustrating that it took until week 14 for them to figure out what the defense was best at. On that I have no clue.
December 17, 20187 yr Can't say that I'm upset that this Bengals season is over. Listening to the vendors talk about how good it used to be drives me nuts haha! Thanks for supporting #879 Bengals fans (and opposing teams).
December 17, 20187 yr Besides today's game. He has looked good. So not exactly sure how you can say you seen enough like he has been bad. Shoot you said he isnt accurate but before today he was at 66 percent completion percentage for the year. Doing that without Green. Which is the security blanket Dalton has always had. Daltons numbers and completion percentage in games Green has not played in is not good. Daltons numbers for his career without Green in his career is only 60% completion percentage. 12 tds and 10 interceptions with a qb rating of 80 and only averaging 6 yards per completion. So with those numbers I would assume you would say the same thing about Dalton as you do Driskell correct, if you base it off how he played without his security blanket in Green. And those are numbers while having experience in the nfl. Driskell doesnt have experience and doing it without the security blanket Dalton always had. Yet Driskells numbers are similar to Daltons without Green. So not sure how you can say you seen enough to know. For me I think he has shown enough to see how he would do with Green. Especially after now gaining experience and getting a full off season with the offense centered around his skill set. Driskell has been ok, he hasn’t done anything to make me say we should hand the reigns over to him. I know we just disagree on the entire topic of who should play QB for the Bengals. I would just prefer to see what we have with AD and a new coaching staff.
December 17, 20187 yr Driskell has been ok, he hasn’t done anything to make me say we should hand the reigns over to him. I know we just disagree on the entire topic of who should play QB for the Bengals. I would just prefer to see what we have with AD and a new coaching staff. Fair enough. For me the biggest thing is and i have always said this. I feel a lot of qbs could have done what he did in regards to making the playoffs with the talent he had around him his first 5 seasons. Then even in 2015 when he got hurt. We got to see McCarron who most say is a career backup, go in with the same talent and basically do the same as Dalton, while not having 4 years of experience under his belt and not having Eifert for 2 starts like Dalton had that year. He beat the two teams they should beat in the Ravens and 49ers. Then on the road in prime time took the eventual super bowl champs who had the best defense in the league to overtime. Then in the playoffs against the Steelers in the rain. McCarron looked very much like Dalton had in the playoffs the 1st three quarters which wasnt good. However with that same talent around him, he actually made the plays and passes at the end to give them a shot to win. As we seen in the 2012 playoff game when Dalton had that chance to do the same with 4 minutes left to give them the lead Dalton missed that pass to Green, and then also imploded in second half of 2013 game. So if a guy who might end up being a career backup. Could do the same as Dalton with the talent Dalton had and beat the teams they should and honestly even do better than Dalton in prime time and playoff games than Dalton did with that talent. It's hard for me not to think Dalton success is more because of what was around him, and that many qbs could have at least done the same. In terms of making the playoffs by beating teams they should. So that's why I'm in the position of let's see what someone who's physical tools are better can do with the same advantages Dalton has had most of his career. Sadly though I think the Bengals solution will be let's give Hue a shot.
December 17, 20187 yr @BrandonSaho It is now official: Marvin Lewis makes it 16 years without a playoff win as the Bengals head coach. The only NFL coach with a longer tenure is Bill Belichick. (19 seasons, 5 Super Bowl wins) #Bengals Hilarious there was anyone willing to pay to attend this game or any of these games for that matter. The biggest laughing stock in professional sports.
December 17, 20187 yr The jury is still out on Mayfield and Jackson, because lets see how this season ends. But it is looking very much like the Bengals next year might have the 4th best qb in the division next year behind Big Ben, Mayfield and Jackson.
December 17, 20187 yr Imo trade Dalton still. Get a draft pick, save money and use that to help elsewhere. Let Driskell play with a healthy Green, Boyd, etc. See what you got. If he sucks with more experience and a whole off season preparing. Then your still set up well for the 2020 draft. I can't help but think that Mike Brown would trade Dalton just to save money and not direct the resources elsewhere.
December 17, 20187 yr I can't help but think that Mike Brown would trade Dalton just to save money and not direct the resources elsewhere. If this was the 90's I would agree. However, the days of them not spending money on players has been gone for awhile. The Bengals would probably use that money to go ahead and lock up Tyler Boyd or someone.
December 17, 20187 yr @BrandonSaho It is now official: Marvin Lewis makes it 16 years without a playoff win as the Bengals head coach. The only NFL coach with a longer tenure is Bill Belichick. (19 seasons, 5 Super Bowl wins) #Bengals Hilarious there was anyone willing to pay to attend this game or any of these games for that matter. The biggest laughing stock in professional sports. Why hilarious? Just because you wouldn't. I get why anybody wouldn't, but I also see why people would. Entertainmant dollars are discretionary.
December 17, 20187 yr Why hilarious? Just because you wouldn't. I get why anybody wouldn't, but I also see why people would. Entertainmant dollars are discretionary. It’s very clear they don’t care even a little about brining a winner to this city. So why should we care about them? We will look back in 40 years in disbelief we all supported a franchise that employed Marvin Lewis as the head coach for 15+ years. Nothing has changed since day one. He’s a bad head coach who can’t make adjustments and always has a wildly undisciplined team with no leadship qualities to speak of and his players reflect that. I used to be in the same boat as you and felt the same way. There’s some entertainment value in tailgating and having fun doing that, but I can’t justify blindly giving money to Mike Brown when he is laughing in our faces on a weekly basis.
December 17, 20187 yr I have to admit that there are some teams in the NFL this year that if the Bengals offered to PAY ME $100 to go, I would say no thanks...Oakland, Arizona, NY Jets, Jacksonville, Detroit and probably a couple more...and not just because they are bad but because they are bad AND boring to watch... But to each his own...if others want to go and pay to watch, fine with me...I'd rather golf in the morning and into the early afternoon (like I did yesterday) and then watch Red Zone on my couch.
December 18, 20187 yr It’s very clear they don’t care even a little about brining a winner to this city. So why should we care about them? We will look back in 40 years in disbelief we all supported a franchise that employed Marvin Lewis as the head coach for 15+ years. Nothing has changed since day one. He’s a bad head coach who can’t make adjustments and always has a wildly undisciplined team with no leadship qualities to speak of and his players reflect that. I used to be in the same boat as you and felt the same way. There’s some entertainment value in tailgating and having fun doing that, but I can’t justify blindly giving money to Mike Brown when he is laughing in our faces on a weekly basis. I get that you and others feel that way, but I don't and there are others that don't. I don't understand judging people and what they want to do with their money and time. I wouldn't pay a nickel for a fishng rod or hunting equipment. I just do not enjoy them, but am ok with those that do. Same with NASCAR, I just wouldn't go if you gave me front row seats at the finish line to the Daytona 500. But I think it's great that people have the passion to do so. Again, I get why you or any fan get frustrated and move on from them. I just don't move on. I just enjoy it too much
December 18, 20187 yr The jury is still out on Mayfield and Jackson, because lets see how this season ends. But it is looking very much like the Bengals next year might have the 4th best qb in the division next year behind Big Ben, Mayfield and Jackson. Based on what he has done so far, Lamar Jackson is not really a QB. He is a RB who can throw some. He hasn't thrown for 200 yards in a game yet. His QB rating is 82, which is #30 in the league. Blake Bortles is at 81.9. Joe Flacco's rating is better, at 84.2.
December 18, 20187 yr I get that you and others feel that way, but I don't and there are others that don't. I don't understand judging people and what they want to do with their money and time. I wouldn't pay a nickel for a fishng rod or hunting equipment. I just do not enjoy them, but am ok with those that do. Same with NASCAR, I just wouldn't go if you gave me front row seats at the finish line to the Daytona 500. But I think it's great that people have the passion to do so. Again, I get why you or any fan get frustrated and move on from them. I just don't move on. I just enjoy it too much I don't really think @HammerTime is ridiculing anyone who is interesting in going to Bengals games. I think what he's trying to say is that Mike Brown is not giving the fans legitimate reasons to believe in the franchise.
December 18, 20187 yr Based on what he has done so far, Lamar Jackson is not really a QB. He is a RB who can throw some. He hasn't thrown for 200 yards in a game yet. His QB rating is 82, which is #30 in the league. Blake Bortles is at 81.9. Joe Flacco's rating is better, at 84.2. So if he is not considered a qb with a qb rating of 82. Does that mean Andy Dalton shouldn't have been considered a qb? Dalton his rookie season had a qb rating of 80. Shoot Dalton on his 4th seasom had a qb rating of 83. Dalton has only had two seasons where his QB rating was not in the 80s. I get what you are saying. Right now his biggest impact is with his feet. My point is he is a rookie, a guy who didnt get all 1st team reps in off season and the first 10 weeks of this season. Yet as you just shown he still actually had a better qb rating than Dalton had his rookie season, and Dalton had a guy like Green to help. So have to assume Jackson will become a better passer the more experience he gets. He wont ever lead the league in passing, but he doesnt have to, to make a big impact on his teams success from QB position. Which is why I said it may not be to crazy to think that the Bengals really might have the 4th best qb in the division as early as sometime next season. Depending on how he develops.
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.