Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Bengals 30 Raiders 16

Featured Replies

I don’t have an issue with you wanting to move on from Dalton, I just don’t see the point in moving on from Dalton and replacing him with Driskell who at best isn’t going to be better than AD.

 

Once again we know what Dalton is. After 3 starts impossible to know what Driskell is. Driskell has made some throws into tight windows we never seen Dalton make before. We also seen throws like today where he wasnt close. We know what Dalton is and his ceiling. We even know what Daltons ceiling is when he has Green and guys to throw to. We dont know what Driskells ceiling is with a healthy Green and people.

 

If this was a better qb class coming out this year. I would say get one now. However it's not a great class. So dont draft one just to draft one, that can set you back years too. So trade Dalton, see what you have in Driskell with a guy like Green that Dalton has always had. Maybe he shows more next year. Maybe he doesn't. Then you draft one of the top 2020 guys coming out.

  • Replies 49
  • Views 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Latest CBS mock draft has them taking Dwayne Haskins.

 

Today's win cost us any chance of getting him. Bengals will be around 14 to 16 and he will be long gone. Probably the LSU linebacker also.

Once again we know what Dalton is. After 3 starts impossible to know what Driskell is. Driskell has made some throws into tight windows we never seen Dalton make before. We also seen throws like today where he wasnt close. We know what Dalton is and his ceiling. We even know what Daltons ceiling is when he has Green and guys to throw to. We dont know what Driskells ceiling is with a healthy Green and people.

 

If this was a better qb class coming out this year. I would say get one now. However it's not a great class. So dont draft one just to draft one, that can set you back years too. So trade Dalton, see what you have in Driskell with a guy like Green that Dalton has always had. Maybe he shows more next year. Maybe he doesn't. Then you draft one of the top 2020 guys coming out.

I have a pretty good idea of what Driskell is. It’s not like accuracy is something he just struggled with today, he’s never been an accurate guy. From a physical tool standpoint I understand why you want to

see what you have in Driskell, but his audition is the end of this year not next year. He’s not the answer. If Andy played today I think the Bengals may have hung 50 on the raiders today. The gap between the two is pretty significant right now.

I have a pretty good idea of what Driskell is. It’s not like accuracy is something he just struggled with today, he’s never been an accurate guy. From a physical tool standpoint I understand why you want to

see what you have in Driskell, but his audition is the end of this year not next year. He’s not the answer. If Andy played today I think the Bengals may have hung 50 on the raiders today. The gap between the two is pretty significant right now.

 

I agree, the only advantage Driskell would have had over AD today were the two first down runs AD can run, but not like Driskell especially the last one. AD makes most throws Driskell missed.

I have a pretty good idea of what Driskell is. It’s not like accuracy is something he just struggled with today, he’s never been an accurate guy. From a physical tool standpoint I understand why you want to

see what you have in Driskell, but his audition is the end of this year not next year. He’s not the answer. If Andy played today I think the Bengals may have hung 50 on the raiders today. The gap between the two is pretty significant right now.

 

What has Dalton shown ever to make you think they score 50 with him, when he doesnt have his top receivers like Green playing and then no Boyd in the second half.

 

Going into today Driskell has shown to be a very accurate passer. He had a 66% completion rate going ingo today. So was very accurate before today while never having Green. Driskell in college his 2 full seasons starting had a 62% completion percentage. To be fair in one year where he didnt start whole season it was only in the 50s.

 

For comparison Dalton in college was a 61% passer. Dalton his rookie season only completed 58%. Dalton his first 3 season completed only 61% ofpasses. Then he had a very good 3 year run when he had his top wr core. Last year was only 59% though and this year only 61%, with four games this year with barely 50 percent completion rate. 2 of those games Green was even playing in. The last 2 games were without Green.

 

Hence my point Dalton has not shown to be this accurate passer to think he does much more with today. 4 games this year of data shows that and that was even while having Green. While data shows Driskell may not be as inaccurate as you seem to have thought. Besides today being very bad.

 

Dalton needs Green and other guys around him to be accurate. We know his ceiling. We dont know Driskell. So for me it's worth seeing how he do with Green and others. He may suck, but its worth seeing.

 

Sticking with Dalton is like Mike Brown sticking with Lewis. Scared of the unknown, so rather go with the safe option than the unknown. I'm tired of that though.

I agree, the only advantage Driskell would have had over AD today were the two first down runs AD can run, but not like Driskell especially the last one. AD makes most throws Driskell missed.

 

Based on what? In my long post I just shown Dalton has 4 games this year where he was barely 50 percent completion rate. 2 of those games he even had Green. We seen Dalton literally have the worst qb rating in NFL history in 2014 against the Browns lol. So we have seen Dalton miss these throws and even have worst games than this. I'm not sure how some of you all seem to forget this. He has had plenty of bad games and even worst ones than we seen from Driskell today.

Based on what? In my long post I just shown Dalton has 4 games this year where he was barely 50 percent completion rate. 2 of those games he even had Green. We seen Dalton literally have the worst qb rating in NFL history in 2014 against the Browns lol. So we have seen Dalton miss these throws and even have worst games than this. I'm not sure how some of you all seem to forget this. He has had plenty of bad games and even worst ones than we seen from Driskell today.

 

Dalton imo is like Lewis. Lewis is not a bad coach. He is an average coach, who can win games. Mike Brown didnt move on from him from fear of possibly finding someone worst. He stayed with what was comfortable.

 

So imo its the same thing for those who arent willing to give someone else a chance and move on from Dalton. Yeah we may end up with someone not as good, but it's worth the shot. Driskell has made some true nfl type throws into tight windows we dont see Dalton make. We also have seen him be completely off like today. For me I would like to see him play with the same safety net Dalton always has had in Green. Give him next year and find out. If he fails then your still set up for the 2020 top qb class coming out. So for me it's worth the shot, and the time to do it is now. The Bengals are always a year or two to late when they do stuff. I just want to see them take a shot and do something different.

Based on what? In my long post I just shown Dalton has 4 games this year where he was barely 50 percent completion rate. 2 of those games he even had Green. We seen Dalton literally have the worst qb rating in NFL history in 2014 against the Browns lol. So we have seen Dalton miss these throws and even have worst games than this. I'm not sure how some of you all seem to forget this. He has had plenty of bad games and even worst ones than we seen from Driskell today.

 

I wish I could help you get over your thoughts on AD (not really, I just don't care). If you think Driskell is better or will be better than AD, I can't help nor convince you. Further if you think that getting a QB better than AD the next two years is also probably wrong. We will have AD for at least the next two years and probably 4-5 after that. This team does not need QB. They need linebackers that can run sideline to sideline, tackle, and cover. They need upgrades on the o-line and TE. All of those before a QB at a minimum.

 

We are going to be a mid range at worst draft for the next several years with AD and AJ (if healthy). They will sign Boyd I believe as their next keeper. They will extend AD because Mike won't have a coach that doesn't support AD. If you don't believe that, you haven't been paying attention for the last 30 years.

 

I think the defense will be fine with the right coach and upgrades at LB. They obviously are not a sit in the zone, come up and make the tackle (they can't tackle well) and have teams nickel and dime down the field. Their corners are man to man corners, Bates has been a great find at safety and their line looks to have youth to rotate the DL.

 

They are a 6-10 win team for the next few years and trending to the 6 rather than the 10. Injuries were devastating this year, but that is no excuse. You have to have depth to hang in there. But an avrerage team generally does not have that depth.

 

I look at the Chargers this year, Rivers is better than AD, but not miles. They have stayed relatively healthy, gotten referreeing bad calls in their favor to win two games they should have lost, get their few injured players back at the right time. Play teams, like the Bengals without their starting QB. The cards are just being dealt their way. They are a top 5-6 team right now, and karma seems to be leaning their way. It would not surprise me if they win it all.

 

That could happen to the Bengals or any team every year and usually does. Maybe the Bengals will get that, with our ownership/management that is what I hope for. Because Brown will be Brown and the Bengals will be the Bengals. I just am waiting for the positive karma.

 

;)

Edited by Bengal Maniac

What has Dalton shown ever to make you think they score 50 with him, when he doesnt have his top receivers like Green playing and then no Boyd in the second half.

 

Going into today Driskell has shown to be a very accurate passer. He had a 66% completion rate going ingo today. So was very accurate before today while never having Green. Driskell in college his 2 full seasons starting had a 62% completion percentage. To be fair in one year where he didnt start whole season it was only in the 50s.

 

For comparison Dalton in college was a 61% passer. Dalton his rookie season only completed 58%. Dalton his first 3 season completed only 61% ofpasses. Then he had a very good 3 year run when he had his top wr core. Last year was only 59% though and this year only 61%, with four games this year with barely 50 percent completion rate. 2 of those games Green was even playing in. The last 2 games were without Green.

 

Hence my point Dalton has not shown to be this accurate passer to think he does much more with today. 4 games this year of data shows that and that was even while having Green. While data shows Driskell may not be as inaccurate as you seem to have thought. Besides today being very bad.

 

Dalton needs Green and other guys around him to be accurate. We know his ceiling. We dont know Driskell. So for me it's worth seeing how he do with Green and others. He may suck, but its worth seeing.

 

Sticking with Dalton is like Mike Brown sticking with Lewis. Scared of the unknown, so rather go with the safe option than the unknown. I'm tired of that though.

We know your feelings on Dalton. We agree on certain things about him and disagree about other things. Driskell isn’t the answer. He’s just not that good man. An average Dalton day and this offense would have torched the Oakland D. I just don’t think this is even a case of Andy vs AJ either. AJ is better than Driskell. I thought AJ could be a starter in the NFL. Driskell isn’t that guy and I don’t think he ever will be. These 5 games at the end of the year is Driskells audition and IMO he doesn’t look like a guy who deserves to be the starter next year.

Get rid of Marvin and Hue (Obviously at the end of this year). If given the choice any coach they bring in is going to roll with Dalton unless for some unforeseen reason they draft a QB in the 1st next year which I think would be a huge mistake. Give AD a year to be successful with a new regime and if then you don’t think AD is the guy, then grab a QB in what looks like a great QB class next year. Either way Dalton gives this team and (hopefully a new coach) the best chance to win in 2019.

I wish I could help you get over your thoughts on AD (not really, I just don't care). If you think Driskell is better or will be better than AD, I can't help nor convince you. Further if you think that getting a QB better than AD the next two years is also probably wrong. We will have AD for at least the next two years and probably 4-5 after that. This team does not need QB. They need linebackers that can run sideline to sideline, tackle, and cover. They need upgrades on the o-line and TE. All of those before a QB at a minimum.

 

We are going to be a mid range at worst draft for the next several years with AD and AJ (if healthy). They will sign Boyd I believe as their next keeper. They will extend AD because Mike won't have a coach that doesn't support AD. If you don't believe that, you haven't been paying attention for the last 30 years.

 

I think the defense will be fine with the right coach and upgrades at LB. They obviously are not a sit in the zone, come up and make the tackle (they can't tackle well) and have teams nickel and dime down the field. Their corners are man to man corners, Bates has been a great find at safety and their line looks to have youth to rotate the DL.

 

They are a 6-10 win team for the next few years and trending to the 6 rather than the 10. Injuries were devastating this year, but that is no excuse. You have to have depth to hang in there. But an avrerage team generally does not have that depth.

 

I look at the Chargers this year, Rivers is better than AD, but not miles. They have stayed relatively healthy, gotten referreeing bad calls in their favor to win two games they should have lost, get their few injured players back at the right time. Play teams, like the Bengals without their starting QB. The cards are just being dealt their way. They are a top 5-6 team right now, and karma seems to be leaning their way. It would not surprise me if they win it all.

 

That could happen to the Bengals or any team every year and usually does. Maybe the Bengals will get that, with our ownership/management that is what I hope for. Because Brown will be Brown and the Bengals will be the Bengals. I just am waiting for the positive karma.

 

;)

 

Here is my thing. I get what you are saying, about Dalton not being the problem. Because he isnt the weakest link. The areas you mentioned definitely are.

 

My thing is Dalton from 2012 to 2015 was given one of the most talented rosters in the NFL. So we got to see Dalton with a good defense, good running game, and good targets to throw to. And yet he couldn't perform against good teams or in big games. Even in 2015 his best years. The Bengals lost their 2 prime time games with him as qb, with one of those games being very bad by him. Who knows how they do against the eventual super bowl champs in the Broncos and two Steeler games if he doesnt get hurt. Based off data better chance they still lose those games. Yet him getting hurt honestly helped him in how people view him. If they lose those exact same games with him, people dont look at 2015 Dalton the same.

 

So that's all good and all getting better in all those areas, but we have seen when we are strong in all those areas. Dalton hasnt been the qb to get them over the top. 2012 and 2013 he had great chances and couldn't and wasnt even close to making the throws needed to win. 2014 wr core was hurt, but did have a top 5 running game. So we have seen him fail even with everything around him.

 

So yes we will have to agree to disagree. While Dalton is not the weakest link on the team currently. We have seen him be the weakest link when everything was good around him. So I dont want to build a team that is good all around him again, only to see our qb waste it.

We know your feelings on Dalton. We agree on certain things about him and disagree about other things. Driskell isn’t the answer. He’s just not that good man. An average Dalton day and this offense would have torched the Oakland D. I just don’t think this is even a case of Andy vs AJ either. AJ is better than Driskell. I thought AJ could be a starter in the NFL. Driskell isn’t that guy and I don’t think he ever will be. These 5 games at the end of the year is Driskells audition and IMO he doesn’t look like a guy who deserves to be the starter next year.

 

My question what can you base it on that he isnt that good? Just like I cant say he will be good, you cant say he wouldn't be. There has not been enough to suggest one way or another. If we want to pick and choose games. Dalton as I said had the worst qb rating in NFL history in his 4th season after 40 starts. So you really cant use today to show what he will or wont.

 

I am not saying at all Driskell would be anything. What I am saying is we know what Dalton is. If Dalton never had Green and one of the best rosters in football in 4 of his first 5 years. He probably wouldn't have been even a starter anymore. So we know want Dalton is. So for me I rather go with someone I dont know and see how he does with the same advantages like a Green that Dalton has had. I cant say he would be great he may suck. But there is nothing you have seen that can say you know for sure he wouldn't either. If a guy can have as bad of a game as Dalton had after 40 career starts. Its understandable a guy can have a day like Driskell had in start 3. Driskell today honestly was like Dalton his rookie year. Getting a win, without doing much to help. Except Dalton had a Green to throw to still. Dalton we know what he is. Driskell we dont.

 

With that said I know chances are Dalton will be the guy next year. Because chances are Lewis is back or Hue takes over. Just because I want to see them move on, doesnt mean I think they will. The Bengals are to conservative minded to do that.

My question what can you base it on that he isnt that good? Just like I cant say he will be good, you cant say he wouldn't be. There has not been enough to suggest one way or another. If we want to pick and choose games. Dalton as I said had the worst qb rating in NFL history in his 4th season after 40 starts. So you really cant use today to show what he will or wont.

 

I am not saying at all Driskell would be anything. What I am saying is we know what Dalton is. If Dalton never had Green and one of the best rosters in football in 4 of his first 5 years. He probably wouldn't have been even a starter anymore. So we know want Dalton is. So for me I rather go with someone I dont know and see how he does with the same advantages like a Green that Dalton has had. I cant say he would be great he may suck. But there is nothing you have seen that can say you know for sure he wouldn't either. If a guy can have as bad of a game as Dalton had after 40 career starts. Its understandable a guy can have a day like Driskell had in start 3. Driskell today honestly was like Dalton his rookie year. Getting a win, without doing much to help. Except Dalton had a Green to throw to still. Dalton we know what he is. Driskell we dont.

 

With that said I know chances are Dalton will be the guy next year. Because chances are Lewis is back or Hue takes over. Just because I want to see them move on, doesnt mean I think they will. The Bengals are to conservative minded to do that.

I believe if the Bengals went with Driskell next year regardless of who is the coach, they are essentially giving up on the season before it even starts. I’ve seen enough of Driskell to this point and unless he dramatically improves these next two games, 5 games is plenty to go on to make this decision IMO.

I believe if the Bengals went with Driskell next year regardless of who is the coach, they are essentially giving up on the season before it even starts. I’ve seen enough of Driskell to this point and unless he dramatically improves these next two games, 5 games is plenty to go on to make this decision IMO.

 

Besides today's game. He has looked good. So not exactly sure how you can say you seen enough like he has been bad. Shoot you said he isnt accurate but before today he was at 66 percent completion percentage for the year. Doing that without Green. Which is the security blanket Dalton has always had. Daltons numbers and completion percentage in games Green has not played in is not good.

 

Daltons numbers for his career without Green in his career is only 60% completion percentage. 12 tds and 10 interceptions with a qb rating of 80 and only averaging 6 yards per completion. So with those numbers I would assume you would say the same thing about Dalton as you do Driskell correct, if you base it off how he played without his security blanket in Green. And those are numbers while having experience in the nfl.

 

Driskell doesnt have experience and doing it without the security blanket Dalton always had. Yet Driskells numbers are similar to Daltons without Green. So not sure how you can say you seen enough to know. For me I think he has shown enough to see how he would do with Green. Especially after now gaining experience and getting a full off season with the offense centered around his skill set.

I wish I could help you get over your thoughts on AD (not really, I just don't care). If you think Driskell is better or will be better than AD, I can't help nor convince you. Further if you think that getting a QB better than AD the next two years is also probably wrong. We will have AD for at least the next two years and probably 4-5 after that. This team does not need QB. They need linebackers that can run sideline to sideline, tackle, and cover. They need upgrades on the o-line and TE. All of those before a QB at a minimum.

 

We are going to be a mid range at worst draft for the next several years with AD and AJ (if healthy). They will sign Boyd I believe as their next keeper. They will extend AD because Mike won't have a coach that doesn't support AD. If you don't believe that, you haven't been paying attention for the last 30 years.

 

I think the defense will be fine with the right coach and upgrades at LB. They obviously are not a sit in the zone, come up and make the tackle (they can't tackle well) and have teams nickel and dime down the field. Their corners are man to man corners, Bates has been a great find at safety and their line looks to have youth to rotate the DL.

 

They are a 6-10 win team for the next few years and trending to the 6 rather than the 10. Injuries were devastating this year, but that is no excuse. You have to have depth to hang in there. But an avrerage team generally does not have that depth.

 

I look at the Chargers this year, Rivers is better than AD, but not miles. They have stayed relatively healthy, gotten referreeing bad calls in their favor to win two games they should have lost, get their few injured players back at the right time. Play teams, like the Bengals without their starting QB. The cards are just being dealt their way. They are a top 5-6 team right now, and karma seems to be leaning their way. It would not surprise me if they win it all.

 

That could happen to the Bengals or any team every year and usually does. Maybe the Bengals will get that, with our ownership/management that is what I hope for. Because Brown will be Brown and the Bengals will be the Bengals. I just am waiting for the positive karma.

 

;)

 

Now to get off the qb topic. What the heck took the Bengals coaches so long to realize their defense is best man to man pressing. Ever since they switched to basically press man after they got down 14 to 0 last week against the Chargers. The defense has played really solid. Just makes this year even more frustrating that it took until week 14 for them to figure out what the defense was best at.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.