Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Bengals 30 Raiders 16

Featured Replies

I get that you and others feel that way, but I don't and there are others that don't. I don't understand judging people and what they want to do with their money and time. I wouldn't pay a nickel for a fishng rod or hunting equipment. I just do not enjoy them, but am ok with those that do. Same with NASCAR, I just wouldn't go if you gave me front row seats at the finish line to the Daytona 500.

 

But I think it's great that people have the passion to do so. Again, I get why you or any fan get frustrated and move on from them. I just don't move on. I just enjoy it too much

I’m in agreement with you. We can be intensely frustrated with the organization and still enjoy going to games and rooting for the team. The two don’t have to be mutually exclusive.

  • Replies 49
  • Views 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
So if he is not considered a qb with a qb rating of 82. Does that mean Andy Dalton shouldn't have been considered a qb? Dalton his rookie season had a qb rating of 80. Shoot Dalton on his 4th seasom had a qb rating of 83. Dalton has only had two seasons where his QB rating was not in the 80s.

 

I get what you are saying. Right now his biggest impact is with his feet. My point is he is a rookie, a guy who didnt get all 1st team reps in off season and the first 10 weeks of this season. Yet as you just shown he still actually had a better qb rating than Dalton had his rookie season, and Dalton had a guy like Green to help. So have to assume Jackson will become a better passer the more experience he gets. He wont ever lead the league in passing, but he doesnt have to, to make a big impact on his teams success from QB position.

 

Which is why I said it may not be to crazy to think that the Bengals really might have the 4th best qb in the division as early as sometime next season. Depending on how he develops.

Jackson doesn’t have to look very far to find a very good example of what his future looks like if he keeps running 15-20 times a game and doesn’t learn to stay in the pocket.

Jackson doesn’t have to look very far to find a very good example of what his future looks like if he keeps running 15-20 times a game and doesn’t learn to stay in the pocket.

 

Very true. Which I would assume that will be the focus going forward, since it will be his team going forward. He will be getting all the snaps in the off season, training camp, etc. I think some completely down play how important it is to get all the reps, especially for a young QB. The one thing with him that he does a good job of, is even though he does run a lot. He does a good job not really taking the big hits like Cam Newton does when he runs. So it will be interesting to see how he develops.

My whole attitude on the Bengals is the same as my attitude toward my business. I separate myself from the outcome. With my business, I learn to take "No's" knowing that a "Yes" is just around the corner. With the Bengals, I'm not sure that a "Yes (= a playoff win) is just around the corner. However, I can watch a game (either at home or at PBS) for the entertainment value and not get too caught up either way with the result knowing that I got a lot more good going on in my life than the Bengals.

I don't really think @HammerTime is ridiculing anyone who is interesting in going to Bengals games. I think what he's trying to say is that Mike Brown is not giving the fans legitimate reasons to believe in the franchise.

 

I didn't take it personal at all. Just shared my view.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.