Evans Landscaping Owner Doug Evans Found Guilty Of Wire Fraud Charges

THUNDERBIRDS

There's a lot of former Employees smiling today. My Brother use to work for Doug and was there in the Office the day of the FBI raid. He no longer works for him and resides in Sunny Florida.

My nephew was also employed by Evans and was working on a Prevailing wage Job for Miami University and being paid normal wages. When he approached management he was told to just go about his own business. My nephew shortly Exited the Company after that!

I have employed myself several of Evans former Employees and the Stories that I got over the past couple of years was how Abusive of a Employer he was and almost impossible to work for.

Word is that Evans was paying Current employees a daily bonus to show up to support him and Jim Bailey during the trial. Now that's funny! I also read somewhere how they came up with the name "Ergon" Crazy stuff!

I always believed in Karma and today it is still undefeated!

Jury convicts Doug Evans, Evans Landscaping, VP Jim Bailey of all crimes in minority contract scheme - WCPO Cincinnati, OH

No experience with this individual, but have obviously seen their vehicles on the road. Very well known company in NKY/Greater Cincinnati. With that being said are there examples of what makes this guy such a horrible person? Just bc he may be a horrible person to work for he is trying to run a business.

Side note: if my old boss (who I still hate 8 years later) paid me to show up to court, I’d be there. Better than working in the cold

No experience with this individual, but have obviously seen their vehicles on the road. Very well known company in NKY/Greater Cincinnati. With that being said are there examples of what makes this guy such a horrible person? Just bc he may be a horrible person to work for he is trying to run a business.

Side note: if my old boss (who I still hate 8 years later) paid me to show up to court, I’d be there. Better than working in the cold

Yeah he’s a horrible person. He was just found Guilty on Fraud charges. What else do you want? One shady Cat.

Not only was he found guilty of Stealing from the Government but mocking the system by creating the company name “Ergon” IMO!

No telling what he’s done to his Common customer and hard working Employees. I’m sure there more to the story like there always is. Sounds like a stand up guy in my Eyes!

Insert a “Dump” truck load of sarcasm.

Edited by THUNDERBIRDS

He possesses a level of condescension and arrogance you can't quantify.

Not only was he found guilty of Stealing from the Government but mocking the system by creating the company name “Ergon” IMO!

No telling what he’s done to his Common customer and hard working Employees. I’m sure there more to the story like there always is. Sounds like a stand up guy in my Eyes!

Insert a “Dump” truck load of sarcasm.

I am taking a guess. Did Evans rearrange the letters in another word to get Ergon?

I am taking a guess. Did Evans rearrange the letters in another word to get Ergon?

Yes....

I have a feeling that's what did him in. Doing what Evans Inc. was doing is bad enough but to basically throw it back into the Face(s) of the Government and the City of Cincinnati is another with how he named the company.

I was told that he use to Brag about it to Employees not really thinking that it would come back to haunt him some day. I'm hearing that all 4 former High Level Office members that included Jordan(Ergon's fictitious owner) testified that "Ergon" was scrambled for another word.

That's just plain Dumb! IMO.....

Worth mentioning that he was offered a VERY sweet deal in advance of the trial that would have had him home in less than 12 months (along with a million dollar fine which he could have certainly afforded over a few years) and his attorney (NKY-based attorney, for what little its worth) told him to turn it down and that he'd beat this. The evidence against him was mountainous, including 4 key lieutenants who had already admitted everything they were being alleged of. They also had thousands of e-mails from Doug about running and operating said "Minority owned business". He was cooked.

If you want to feel sorry for someone, feel sorry for loyal Jim Bailey, who had numerous chances to roll-over on Doug, didn't, and now is himself heading to prison. He isn't rich. He isn't awful. He isn't the brains behind this deal. A regular guy who was loyal to his boss of 22 years and is off to prison as well.

I dealt with Doug Evans long before he got big and Rich. Different person back then. I always said the money and fame got to his head.

On another note, don't any of you think for one minute that he is the only one out there that has and is doing this.