Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Gonzaga 89 Duke 87

Featured Replies

I knew that statement was coming soon.

 

?

I wouldn’t be making that statement if they were in a better conference.

This is the best Gonzaga team I’ve seen since they busted into basketball notoriety with their big NCAA run in 1999. Even better than their 2017 NCAA runner-up team. Before ‘99 most people couldn’t pronounce the school’s name and their only claim to basketball fame was that John Stockton played there.

But realistically someone will probably trip them up in a road game. It’s difficult to go undefeated, as we all well know. That’s why I wrote “may be the team” in my post.

  • Replies 47
  • Views 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Gonzaga had one of their best players not playing.

I’m curious to know his reasoning. That makes sense but the life and game experience that these young men get from the Maui Invitational is something they’ll remember for the rest of their lives.

 

I believe he says there's not an NCAA Tournament scenario where you have to play 3 in a row. Same reason he hates the SEC Tournament.

 

I couldn't disagree with him more.

I believe he says there's not an NCAA Tournament scenario where you have to play 3 in a row. Same reason he hates the SEC Tournament.

 

I couldn't disagree with him more.

 

If anything the Maui Invitational will give you an SEC Tournament experience.

If anything the Maui Invitational will give you an SEC Tournament experience.

 

Yep.

 

You also get to go to Hawaii.

Yep.

 

You also get to go to Hawaii.

 

For free.

Give him all the heat you desire. It’s not like it will cost him his job. :lol2: :lol2:

 

Plus Coach Cal can sleep at night knowing he is is truthful. Heat doesn’t bother him. :lol2: :lol2:

 

The coaches couldn't care less about "heat". I am talking about fans and their perceptions.

The coaches couldn't care less about "heat". I am talking about fans and their perceptions.

 

I gave up on fans and their perspectives years ago.

I gave up on fans and their perspectives years ago.

 

Losing to the number 3 team in the country after beating the number 8 team in the country 24 hours before will get you heat IMO. Clearly Coach K should be under the microscope after losing one game early in the season while starting 4 freshmen. Especially against a team with the talent of Gonzaga.

One of the most talented teams of all time didn’t get out of November undefeated. That’s pretty crazy after the way they beat Kentucky.

One of the most talented teams of all time didn’t get out of November undefeated. That’s pretty crazy after the way they beat Kentucky.

 

I thought we all established that UK was incredibly overrated after everyone on Duke’s schedule gave them a better game than UK. Add in how UK has continued to look so far and it’s easy to see that UK was overrated which in turn caused folks to think Duke could somehow defeat the Cleveland Cavaliers.

If anything the Maui Invitational will give you an SEC Tournament experience.

 

Eh based off UKs success in the sec tournament since Cal has been there. I doubt they need experience to get ready for that type of tournament.

What Mark Few has done at Gonzaga is pretty incredible really.

Great basketball game. RJ Barrett was pretty selfish down the stretch, and IMO cost Duke the game late.

 

Duke will drop from #1, as they should right now, but they are still the best team in the country.

Duke will drop from #1, as they should right now, but they are still the best team in the country.

 

Agreed

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.