Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Gonzaga 89 Duke 87

Featured Replies

Good teams will not win down to the wire game by missing FT's. Especially four in the last minute. I was also shocked that no foul was called on Duke's final possession. They get the calls!!!

  • Replies 47
  • Views 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Great game by both teams, I'll never be convinced these aren't 1a and 1b for the entire season.

 

Right now they both definitely are. By March UK and Kansas may have a say in that.

Can we talk about the fact that Calipari doesn’t like taking his teams to Maui? The Maui Invitational is one of the coolest things in college basketball.

Can we talk about the fact that Calipari doesn’t like taking his teams to Maui? The Maui Invitational is one of the coolest things in college basketball.

 

He's always said he doesn't see a benefit for a young team.

He's always said he doesn't see a benefit for a young team.

 

If you look at how Cal sets up the schedule, that makes sense. He usually has 3 or 4 tough opponents spread out in the pre-conference schedule with solid mid-major teams that should be wins for UK sprinkled in between. Good for building up a young team but also testing them. Go to Maui and you might come home 0-3 because of the level of competition.

He's always said he doesn't see a benefit for a young team.

 

Losing 118-84 3 hours from home doesn’t help a young team either.

I am sooooooo glad Duke lost. They didn’t deserve to win. Now we get to see if they learned anything. On to the next one.

I am sooooooo glad Duke lost. They didn’t deserve to win. Now we get to see if they learned anything. On to the next one.

 

It's like stoking the flames. I don't think you'll have to worry about that team learning,

I didn’t think Gonzaga could beat Duke but figured they’d make it interesting. But with the exception of poor free throw shooting in the final minutes they looked very impressive. When they get their injured guard back in December they’re going to be even better. He was their leading scorer and 3 point shooter last season.

They may be the team that goes undefeated, especially playing in a weaker conference than the other ranked teams.

Losing 118-84 3 hours from home doesn’t help a young team either.

 

True....I think it's the back to back to back games he's against...not the competition.

I didn’t think Gonzaga could beat Duke but figured they’d make it interesting. But with the exception of poor free throw shooting in the final minutes they looked very impressive. When they get their injured guard back in December they’re going to be even better. He was their leading scorer and 3 point shooter last season.

They may be the team that goes undefeated, especially playing in a weaker conference than the other ranked teams.

 

I knew that statement was coming soon.

True....I think it's the back to back to back games he's against...not the competition.

 

I’m curious to know his reasoning. That makes sense but the life and game experience that these young men get from the Maui Invitational is something they’ll remember for the rest of their lives.

Should Coach K get heat for that loss? How can a team with that much talent lose? Especially when the other team tried to hand it to you down the stretch and you still lost. I ask because I think Coach Cal would be getting heat if he was coaching that team and they lost.

He's always said he doesn't see a benefit for a young team.

I know and I think that’s silly. The benefits are rather obvious. Playing the “Ohio River Valley Showcase” is way less beneficial than the Maui invitational.

Should Coach K get heat for that loss? How can a team with that much talent lose? Especially when the other team tried to hand it to you down the stretch and you still lost. I ask because I think Coach Cal would be getting heat if he was coaching that team and they lost.

 

Give him all the heat you desire. It’s not like it will cost him his job. :lol2: :lol2:

 

Plus Coach Cal can sleep at night knowing he is is truthful. Heat doesn’t bother him. :lol2: :lol2:

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.