Open Job: Scott

I know, me quoting me since no one wants to go on the record.

No one is denying Coach Turner and I believe that would be a good hire.

I also heard another Lloyd assistant coach applied.

I heard a middle school coach applied and was impressive.

I heard Kevin Siple's name being thrown around.

I even heard a Pirate applied. LOL I am not making this up.

Anyone?

Wait... an actual pirate? :lol2:

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest BehindTheLine

Have they filled the coaching spot yet? I feel like this job has been open for over a season..................

In the Scott Gym tomorrow night 4/25 at 7:30pm

All indications are leaning towards Eric Turner from Lloyd Memorial as the New Eagles Coach.

Thanks.

I feel like Scott is in their own little bubble with one of the longest coaching searches known to man.

Has to be concerning to the players and parents frankly. I don’t care what anyone says, this is a disservice to the players especially those that will be seniors. Unless the new HC is one of the past assistants who’s helping out with the off-season workouts, everyone associated with this program should be up in arms. If the new coach is coming in from the outside there is no way he gets all of his install in place let alone the culture he wants for his team before the start of the season, at least to the level it should be.

Simply smh on this one.

Has to be concerning to the players and parents frankly. I don’t care what anyone says, this is a disservice to the players especially those that will be seniors. Unless the new HC is one of the past assistants who’s helping out with the off-season workouts, everyone associated with this program should be up in arms. If the new coach is coming in from the outside there is no way he gets all of his install in place let alone the culture he wants for his team before the start of the season, at least to the level it should be.

Simply smh on this one.

Spring ball can still happen. Plus you have all of June. While I agree it probably should have happened sooner, the new coach still has the same amount of off season practice time. Yes, the bonding part is a little limited, but good coaches are usually pretty good at that anyway.

Simply smh on this one.

They will be fine. It’s high school football. A lot of teams put in new systems anyway and they have 3 1/2 months to integrate kids into the offense. And it’s not like high schools put in a million plays. They can start in June and will be fine come August.

Spring ball can only happen if Scott applied for their three weeks to be this late. I don’t remember when the cutoff is as far as the window. You can get your stuff installed and going even without spring unless the system is such an overhaul for the players. If Turner is named HC I don’t see the transition being that difficult.

Hiring this late is typically not ideal but Scott has been still running their out of season program.

Spring ball can only happen if Scott applied for their three weeks to be this late. I don’t remember when the cutoff is as far as the window. You can get your stuff installed and going even without spring unless the system is such an overhaul for the players. If Turner is named HC I don’t see the transition being that difficult.

Hiring this late is typically not ideal but Scott has been still running their out of season program.

4/22-5/10 were the dates submitted. So they could conceivably get all 10 days in if they start on Monday. But Scott football shares quite a few athletes, and traditionally hasn’t had full attendance at spring ball in the past. Like you said, spring ball while nice, isn’t the end all, most important thing in the offseason. They still have all of June and 6 weeks of July and August to get a system in. If it is Turner, he’s an experienced coach, and if they don’t do spring, they should still be fine. Off season workouts were well attended...on average 30-40 guys. It’s going to be ok.