Open Job: Scott

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My sources have told me Scott is not currently running an off-season program.

Absolute travesty if this is true. That is a dis-service to the players who are most likely chomping at the bit to have a HC and leader with a direction to get after it. Frankly everyday that goes by will put the program, when it finds a coach, behind it's competition. Nearly every program in the state is back in the weight room and conditioning with a leader. Taking this long will not help Scott keep kids from the district at home. Hoping this is not the case and a coach will be named very soon as it seems very unfair to the players and the program in general.

My sources have told me Scott is not currently running an off-season program.

I’d love to know who your sources are because they are incorrect. They are holding an off-season program, lifting and conditioning 3 days a week, with very good attendance.

I’d love to know who your sources are because they are incorrect. They are holding an off-season program, lifting and conditioning 3 days a week, with very good attendance.

This is what I imagined. Especially since Wooley is still in building, there's no way he would have left if he would have known they weren't doing off-season conditioning.

This is what I imagined. Especially since Wooley is still in building, there's no way he would have left if he would have known they weren't doing off-season conditioning.

The program is in good hands until a new coach is hired. The guys on Woolley's coaching staff are still committed to the program whether they are part of the new staff or not, and are making sure that things are as business as usual as they can be. It's pretty irresponsible for someone to post there is no off season program without absolutely confirming that's the case. Posting something like that can be damaging to a program that's been growing and is currently in transition.

The program is in good hands until a new coach is hired. The guys on Woolley's coaching staff are still committed to the program whether they are part of the new staff or not, and are making sure that things are as business as usual as they can be. It's pretty irresponsible for someone to post there is no off season program without absolutely confirming that's the case. Posting something like that can be damaging to a program that's been growing and is currently in transition.

Agreed. I think the Scott program is definitely heading in the right direction. Excited to see them continue to improve.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Do we have any further info on this? I'm very interested to see who gets this job and how well they can continue growing this program.

Interviews should be wrapping up soon. I’d guess a hire would be made by the end of the month.

• 4 weeks later...
Any update on this one?

And how long has this job been open?

It’s been open since November. From what I’ve heard they are down to a final 5 or so. I’ve heard a few names, but I’m not sure enough to share publicly, (and I probably wouldn’t even if I were 100% sure of the names). I’ve heard the delay is related at least partially to what teaching positions will be available. Probably still at least a week or two away from the job being filled. The boys soccer job just got filled a few days ago so I think football is the last job to fill. All the hires in the athletic department over the last several years have been very good (basketball, baseball, girls soccer) so I have no reason to believe that the football hire will be any different.

It’s been open since November. From what I’ve heard they are down to a final 5 or so. I’ve heard a few names, but I’m not sure enough to share publicly. I’ve heard the delay is related at least partially to what teaching positions will be available. Probably still at least a week or two away from the job being filled. The boys soccer job just got filled a few days ago so I think football is the last job to fill. All the hires in the athletic department over the last several years have been very good (basketball, baseball, girls soccer) so I have no reason to believe that the football hire will be any different.

Thanks for the update.

I want to be optimistic too but when I hear 5 months, teaching positions impacting the hire, what a school has done in the past, and a home opener vs. Highlands I am struggling with it.