November 12, 20187 yr I'm to the point where I believe they may need a whole new fresh start after this year. Fire Marvin. Try to trade Dalton and Green. The new coach will get more draft picks, and the team will have extra money to sure up the o line and defense more with the money saved from not having Dalton and Greens contracts. Extend Driskell on a small 3 year deal and let him start next year. If he does good awesome, you got him on the cheap. If he sucks, then well they should be in a great draft spot to be in for the possible loaded QB class that will come out in 2 years. Great idea, but I think you're forgetting who runs this franchise? Expect more of the same, as the Bengals "Stay the course". Happier every game that I gave up my tickets two years ago!! Marvin & Mike team up forever!!
November 12, 20187 yr I hear the Reds are going to be really good next summer. Cincinnati has professional sports?
November 12, 20187 yr Saints are balling right now!!! They sure are fun to watch. I am a big Drew Brees fan. I hope he breaks every record.
November 12, 20187 yr You put a great offense against the league's worst defense, and only have an average offense at best wihout ther best player....well you get blitzed 51-14. The Bengals are no where near a competitive team against the very best 4-5 teams. Well said BM. Without Vigil, Burfict and Dennard...the Bengals D really had no chance. The Saints survived the Rams D-line last week, so even our best aspect (defensively) really had no impact. I never heard Dunlap's name called once, and Geno's only twice, I believe. Offensively, well...we see what happens when there's no Green and no Eiffert. The thing that surprised me, though, was how fast we got away from running Mixon. Did he get hurt? I don't remember hearing anything.
November 12, 20187 yr How's this for defensive stats. The one and only Bengal "tackle for loss" in the game was recorded by Andrew Billings with 12:09 left in the 4th quarter. They only had one "pass defense" (by Preston Brown). Only two QB hurries. No sacks.
November 12, 20187 yr I know we got blown out and I don’t want this to sound like an excuse in anyway, but the officiating in this game was horrendous.
November 12, 20187 yr You think Marv has the ability to walk in Mike Brown's office and tell him what to do. That's adorable... Well apparently he does have some say in it, because it happened.
November 12, 20187 yr You think Marv has the ability to walk in Mike Brown's office and tell him what to do. That's adorable... Great idea, but I think you're forgetting who runs this franchise? Expect more of the same, as the Bengals "Stay the course". Happier every game that I gave up my tickets two years ago!! Marvin & Mike team up forever!! Thoughts on the firing? Was Marvin able to walk into Mike's office and get it done, or did Mike tell Marvin to fire Austin?
November 12, 20187 yr Author Thoughts on the firing? Was Marvin able to walk into Mike's office and get it done, or did Mike tell Marvin to fire Austin? As bad as they are maybe Austin fired himself, LOL!!
November 12, 20187 yr Thoughts on the firing? Was Marvin able to walk into Mike's office and get it done, or did Mike tell Marvin to fire Austin? Well its pretty well known that Mike Brown doesn't like paying guys money who aren't even here. Which is why they usually always let people play out their contracts, coaches too. I would have to assume Marvin has had some more say in it recently. First with Zampese last year, and now this. Quite honestly Paul Alexander is probably even still here if Mike Brown had his way. So I have to think Marvin had a big say in it. Marvin seems to be the only guy that Mike listens to at least some what.
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.