Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Owensboro 28 Bowling Green 21

Featured Replies

Wow. Congrats Devils.

Not sure if it's accurate but I saw on Twitter that this breaks a 14 game losing streak to Bowling Green for Owensboro.

Congratulations to my second favorite Red Devils! This had to feel good.

Nothing but humble pie for this guy. Congratulations Owensboro. I didn’t believe it til I could see it, and boy it was clearly visible tonight.

First time Bowling Green will go back to back years without a region title since the move to the six class system. You have to go back to the stretch from 1999-2004 when they failed to win region titles for six years in a row. It's a testament to the staying power of BG that it took this long.

Why was Tisdale Ejected?

Why was Tisdale Ejected?

 

I wasn't at the game but I heard it was due to multiple personal fouls.

Why was Tisdale Ejected?

 

I believe it was two unsportsmanlike penalties. Didn't seem like it was that serious but maybe because it was his second.

Wow. Big time playoff game. I thought that both of these heavyweights had moments where they both were clicking, it just seemed like Owensboro answered any momentum shift with an even bigger play on offense and defense. Early on the defensive line was really giving BG trouble, but BG made some smart adjustments and starting running some delayed runs up middle and screens, but once they got in the red zone and field tightened up the Owensboro D seemed like they just imposed their will. I thought that Diamond Glover had his best game of the year, and he got zero penalties! Gough and Sorrells were everywhere, Greathouse was a beast, Grenier and Brooks were in the backfield and DB’s bent a few times but only really lost coverage on a handful of plays. In a game like this you have to weather a few storms, and OHS did that.

I thought offensively OHS made play after play when they needed them most. Definitely missed #4 Hayden, and you could tell Warren was trying to find open receivers and had to hang in the pocket longer than usual for kids to come out of their breaks. The scrambling TD pass to Phillips and the 2 long throws and big catches to Morris and Owsley really were huge. Tre Green had a excellent return late to set up the strike to Morris and that really flipped the game for OHS. Gough running ball last 2 series was a thing of beauty. Owsley in any space is tough to handle, and I just thought the OHS playmakers (Owsley, Warren, Green) on O kept making them when they had to.

BG is a very good team and a great program. They fought to the end, and proved that a championship team will not ever be easy to beat.

Stats per messenger inquirer:

OHS had 428 yards of offense

Tre Green had 57 yards on 14 carries and 32 receiving yards

Owsley had 50 yards rushing 142 receiving on 7 catches and 2 TD

Phillips had 5 catches for 51 yards 1 TD

Morris had 39 receiving yards and 1 TD

Will Warren was 25 of 35 for 279 yards 4 TD 1 int

 

I can’t say enough about OHS D. They should be very proud of their effort. 1 last point, the onside kick reception by Steven Stevenson was unreal. Small kid, got absolutely laid out on it, but held onto the ball, he can tell that story for years!

Boy this was a Crazy Game! It is honestly hard to describe if you didn't watch it yourself.

First, Congratulations to Owensboro! They were the better team last night!

Owsley is special! Green is a very good player and Warren is the added element they haven't had since Nick Locher.

Congratulations Owensboro Fans!

 

But as a Bowling Green fan, I am shaking my head and really disappointed.

Why? This team will be forever known for too many penalties and too many drops.

It was that way vs Central Hardin in the Raffertys Bowl in the first game and it was that way last night. First play holding. There must have been 5 holding penalties. I think they were legit calls. I watched one lineman and I think he held on every play I watched. I just don't understand that.

But that wasn't even close to the most frustrating part. Bowling Green had at least 5 unsportsmanlike penalties. No need for them. They were stupid, poor judgement, team hurting plays. I saw a lot of good sportsmanship on the field overall and that's what make these crippling stupid penalties mind boggling. Even ejecting a key Purples player. No reason for it.

 

Then to be inside the 10 3 times and get no points! When is the last time you would say that for Bowling Green? Going shotgun on the 1 or 2 yard line? They never went under center... Predictable play calling is easily something to brand this game. They did open it up some in the second half that I was very happy to see, but not inside the red zone.

Second season in a row to lose the game before they should have. Sorry to vent, but just frustrated.

I believe it was two unsportsmanlike penalties. Didn't seem like it was that serious but maybe because it was his second.

 

Two unsportsmanlike penalties will get you tossed automatically I believe.

Two unsportsmanlike penalties will get you tossed automatically I believe.

 

Happened to Tanner Crawford of Boyle in the state title game last year.

Boy this was a Crazy Game! It is honestly hard to describe if you didn't watch it yourself.

First, Congratulations to Owensboro! They were the better team last night!

Owsley is special! Green is a very good player and Warren is the added element they haven't had since Nick Locher.

Congratulations Owensboro Fans!

 

But as a Bowling Green fan, I am shaking my head and really disappointed.

Why? This team will be forever known for too many penalties and too many drops.

It was that way vs Central Hardin in the Raffertys Bowl in the first game and it was that way last night. First play holding. There must have been 5 holding penalties. I think they were legit calls. I watched one lineman and I think he held on every play I watched. I just don't understand that.

But that wasn't even close to the most frustrating part. Bowling Green had at least 5 unsportsmanlike penalties. No need for them. They were stupid, poor judgement, team hurting plays. I saw a lot of good sportsmanship on the field overall and that's what make these crippling stupid penalties mind boggling. Even ejecting a key Purples player. No reason for it.

 

Then to be inside the 10 3 times and get no points! When is the last time you would say that for Bowling Green? Going shotgun on the 1 or 2 yard line? They never went under center... Predictable play calling is easily something to brand this game. They did open it up some in the second half that I was very happy to see, but not inside the red zone.

Second season in a row to lose the game before they should have. Sorry to vent, but just frustrated.

 

The offensive play calling has been bad most of the year, but Friday's offensive play calling by Bowling Green was a new level of awful. I don't even know what to say. I try to keep it in perspective because it's high school it's about kids and coaches don't make a ton for coaching in public schools. With that said in the realm of football discussion, Bowling Green's offensive coordinator either needs to go to a bunch of clinics during the off season or he needs to be demoted to another area he might be good at. It was unbelievable bad. I was shaking my head most of the game, especially in the redzone possessions.

The offensive play calling has been bad most of the year, but Friday's offensive play calling by Bowling Green was a new level of awful. I don't even know what to say. I try to keep it in perspective because it's high school it's about kids and coaches don't make a ton for coaching in public schools. With that said in the realm of football discussion, Bowling Green's offensive coordinator either needs to go to a bunch of clinics during the off season or he needs to be demoted to another area he might be good at. It was unbelievable bad. I was shaking my head most of the game, especially in the redzone possessions.

 

Believe me the same can be said about the play calling for Owensboro. I was shocked that OHS didn't go shotgun when they were backed up on their goal line. Their play calling has been suspect all season.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.