Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Male vs St. X Predictions (Poll)

Who will win this one? 98 members have voted

  1. 1. Who will win this one?

    • Male
      50%
      49
    • St. Xavier
      50%
      49

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Featured Replies

Thanks for the detail H. I'm glad to here the field has improved since the Manual game. Of course it wouldn't take much since we gat a bazillion inches of rain that week. This should help both Male's and X's Mr. Football candidates improve their respective statistics.

 

FYI. "Bermuda and Zoysia are kissing cousins. They both go dormant and turn brown at first frost. Both are Warm Season Grasses. There is very little difference in root structure and blade texture. Both provide a deep lush carpet like appearance".:rolleyes:

 

It's amazing what you can learn on this message board.

 

:thumb: GO TIGERS!:thumb:

 

B-Cat: The only difference between Zoysia and Bermuda is what loft wedge you use!!

  • Replies 122
  • Views 9.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm pretty sure I predicited before the first X-Male game that whoever won that game would win this game by a bigger margin.... so I suppose that means Male will win by 2! For my fan who loves to revisit my old posts please let me know if I am wrong. I'll say Male 26-24. Crystal ball says a fake field goal and a safety are but 2 of the big plays to look for.

I strongly DISAGREE with you. ;)

That's cool....I was just stating something that was brought to my attention, and has been noticed. No more, no less. You would certainly know more than me, about the Xaverians.

I can't wait to see this game. Missed the first one but not gonna miss this one!

With the won - loss record of 9 - 2 this St. X team is really a question mark to me. I have huge expectations based off of the talent returning and preseason talk. I expected a very dominating team on O, D and ST like X has never had before...... With the one point loss in overtime to No. 1 ranked Male one can find some good chartater to build on. X was sleeping the first 24 minutes and started playing in 2nd half. Yes, I know field position was terrible, but you earn field position and 3 and Out does not get you much with 35 yard punts. Still, I have to believe that IF the Tigers put together a full game, very good things can happen. WRT the Trinity game, sleeping again!! (Im not wanting to take anything away from Trinity, Im just saying that X was not in the game mentally at the start which very quickly transfered into not being in the game physically.) Game over. In these two losses, St. X has clearly shown that it has a problem in mental prepration for a big game. I think these are two excellent data points that can not be disputed by anyone. Yes, the 2nd half recovery vs. Male was encouraging. The special teams still need work. I find it hard for any team which has struggled in this manner thorughout the season, to right the ship in a two week season against the No. 1 and No. 2 ranked teams back to back. Having said all of that, I still have hope, I know there is some extreme talent on that team and Im just waiting for it to explode. I am confident that if all of this talent gets on the same page, the mission can be accomplished.

 

Go Tigers - Play your best game of the year (so far) this Friday.

Excellent post, and I do not disagree.

I think that chemistry might be the biggest hurdle to X's success this season.

 

I was more thinking physics or calculus. Maybe even Latin.:D

...and for the record I think it stinks these 2 teams have to play in week two. This could easily be a 4A championship game. Alas, I am at the mercy of those far smarter than me re: scheduling.

Xgrad, I agree and everybody all over the state feels the same way. We win home field and it would have been nice to "payback" a certain Hardin County school and let them hear what a classey PA man sounds like.

^ Bama Larry - Good luck to you and the Dawgs Friday night. When its all said and done and in the books: I think Mr. Beaumont will make a play in final 5 minutes that seals the game. Would not be surprised to see it on Offense for sure and possible on Defense as well. He is a great player no dought. I suspect the poor tackling of X (late in game) will make him look super natural. Have a great game.

If Bama was 10-0 I'd wear my lucky Bama cap and Bulldog shirt.

 

Bama 10-0? You must not get to wear that combo very often.:lol:

LSU...Did you see the "IF" and we were 10-0 last year. 157 thank you for that, Male fans are on here alot and reading and saw your comments. Douglas is a great player but a better person. Cards are getting a good one and I'd like to see Vic go there too.

I forgot LSU...Which college football team holds the record for the most 10 win seasons? Good luck saturday.

LSU...Did you see the "IF" and we were 10-0 last year.

Did Shula and the boys really get to 10-0 before the smack-down by the Tigers? I'm even more impressed by last year's Tiger defense now. My point is still valid. "IF" you only wear that combo when the Tide is 10-0, it doesn't get worn very often these days. Now back in the 60s and 70s, you may have worn that shirt out.

Male will win this one...17-7

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.