Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Male vs St. X Predictions (Poll)

Who will win this one? 98 members have voted

  1. 1. Who will win this one?

    • Male
      50%
      49
    • St. Xavier
      50%
      49

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Featured Replies

Who will win this great second round matchup??

 

Personally, Toss a coin.

 

 

How they compare in

 

Male O vs X D:

 

X O vs Male D:

 

Spec vs Spec:

  • Replies 122
  • Views 9.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have changed my mind on this game. Earlier I thought that Male would defeat X in round two. I now feel that X will prevail in the rematch. X now knows that they can throw the ball deep on Male. I look for them to throw the deep ball from the start of the game forcing Male to back off a little on D. This will open up the running game for Vic and "The Deuce". I also look for Zoeller to have a big night running the ball Friday.

 

X 25

H 21

Male will definitely have to play a mistake-free, complete game to boot the Tigers from the post-season. That ran-out-of-gas 2nd half they played in the first game won't cut it. Their playcalling against PRP on offense was pretty vanilla and I thought at times predictable. I'm sure coach Redman and staff will have some new things to show the Tigers this Friday. They will have to improve pass coverage (or get pressure on the QB sooner) to prevail in the rematch against X. Allowing receivers to get behind the coverage over and over will not work against a team like X.

St. X Offense vs. Male Defense - Run to set up the pass to set up the run. Penalties have killed drives many times this year and if St. X can drive the field early (hard to do against 9 in the box Male), St. X advantage. Throwing over the top of the defense an obvious choice. St.X offense has been a second half offense typically. This didn't help in game 1 and needs to change Friday. Drive blocking was tough in the mud, game 1, with the advantage to the Male offense which set up in shotgun (pass blocking) quite a bit more. Male Defense may fatigue second half and they seem to have trouble lining up on time some of the time.

Male Offense vs. St.X Defense - Forget "containment rush" from the D Line like first half game 1 on Gaines. Pursue Gaines (trouble looking up field and throwing when scrambling under close pressure) and don't let him have the time to scramble, set up and throw, like the first half game 1. If he has the time Male will win. Male will score. St. X LB's key to game with D line in hot pursuit. St. X Defense can beat Male if they stop QB from making big plays. Beaumont a super talent but not likely to beat St.X by himself.

Spec. Teams - St. X needs to keep lane discipline on KO and not let Male outside after starting middle. Big advantage 1st half game 1 with great field position. Second half showed effect on tackling Male early with 20-30 more yards on tough ST.X Defense. ST. X Kickoff longer now with new kicker. Limit returns with end zone kicks. St. X block in the back, probably 1/3 of the kick returns killing field position. Extra points? .

 

Championship Game atmosphere in round 2. Hard to predict this game - too many variables. Just enjoy.

What a great 2nd round game.

 

X Offense vs. Male D: X has shone it can pass over the top against the 9 box D of Male. Will they be able to do that again? I'm going to say, not as effective as the 2nd half of the first game. Male D will make adjustments on that. Male pass rush will dictate the effctiveness of the X passing game. If x can pass block then the passing game of X can be a significant factor. I do not see this as the case of winning the game for X. X will have to control the line of scrimage and run the ball effectively. This is how X wins this game, if they do indeed win.

 

Male O vs X D: Beaumont and Beaumont and Beaumont. I do believe that his talent coupled with the poor tackling of X D, can change the outcome of this game. X HAS to contain Beaumont if they want to stay in the game. The Male QB cant run wild either. These two players must have very good games for Male to win. X must control them to a limit. X D line has to get sacks against Male as well as limiting the big Male runs etc. X must cover the dump screens from Male.

 

Special teams: Who ever has no fumbles on returns etc. and does not give up a big return in the kicking game will have a strong advantage. The kicking game for X must limit the touches on kickoffs as well as executing extrapoints. This has been a sticking point all year. Really no reason to believe that it will be solved by Friday. Capable yes, but in reality, probably not. Could cost X game 2 as in game 1.

 

MSC: St.X has been playing very flat of late. Anyone who has seen them, knows what Im talking about. IF ST X DOES NOT SHOW UP TO PLAY AT THE START OF THE GAME, LIGHTs OUT. No chance in this one for a come from behind W.

 

Final Analysis: Male by 4. Because St. X has not demonstrated that they can play 4 quaters of agressive, efficient, spirited football. I would love to see it, want to see it, but I have to call it like it is. Id be more surprised if St. X won than Male winning.

 

Looking forward to a great game decided in the last 6 minutes.

 

GO TIGERS

Xaverian Offense -vs- Bulldog Defense -

 

I think that Male will have to honor the pass a lot more so than in the first meeting. This will certainly open things up for Vic and Deuce. I look for the Xaverians to be much more physical in attacking Male, looking to wear them out that much more by the end of this game.

 

Bulldog Offense - vs- Tiger Defense - again I look for Male to be much more physical and for the Xaverians to be in attack mode all game...not spreading out their defense to honor the Bulldog's wide sets....

 

Special Teams - Bulldogs advantage.

 

Final Analysis - I think the Beaumont factor will keep this close for much of the game, but I think that Male just doesn't have the stamina to keep up with the Xaverians for 48 minutes....

 

X - 31

H - 24

St. X defense will win this game. It will produce two key turnovers that lead to 14 points and a 35 to 21 victory. St. X will get its full game rematch with Trinity.

I see St. X winning this one, if for nothing else, for the fact it is difficult to beat an opponent twice within just a few weeks.

 

Personally, I would like to see both St. X and Trinity win so they can play a complete game in the quarter-finals.

X has too many horses in the stable for Male.

St.X 35

Male 20

X has too many horses in the stable for Male.

St.X 35

Male 20

Did they not let those horses out in the first meeting?

Any word on where this will be played? Obviously, PJCS has the best playing surface, but it's Male's call.

 

As for the game, I have not seen either team play, but judging from what I read in the papers, BGP, and what I see on Friday Night Flights I would have to say that Male will pull this one out. Sure they let X back in the game first go round, but that was their first true test of the season and since then they had a four quarter game with both Manual and PRP the past two weeks. Male has beter athletes at the skill positions and I think their O and D lines are more physical then X this year. The Bulldogs haven't been in this position since Bush's senior year and I think Coach Red will have them more then ready for the contest this Friday.

 

Male 24

St. X 12

 

:thumb:

Did they not let those horses out in the first meeting?

 

They did let them out. That was how they made up a 21-0 halftime deficit.

The Tigers will get out of the gate a lot quicker this time and the defense will slow Male down and make them work harder than they are used to. St.X pulls away in the 4th quarter and takes it by score or two.

To close to call for me. I think this game is a coin toss.

I think St. X will avenge their earlier loss to Male in convincing fashion.

 

St. X 28

Male 17

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.