Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Male vs St. X Predictions (Poll)

Who will win this one? 98 members have voted

  1. 1. Who will win this one?

    • Male
      50%
      49
    • St. Xavier
      50%
      49

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Featured Replies

Bama Larry - Whats the field conditions at Male? Is the field in pretty good shape?

  • Replies 122
  • Views 9.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If we get no more rain and I don't think we will, it shoud be OK. The Manual game it got tore up pretty bad. The next week against PRP it was better. but it had a long way to go. Good Luck to the X guys. And lets hope no-one gets injured.

If we get no more rain and I don't think we will, it shoud be OK. The Manual game it got tore up pretty bad. The next week against PRP it was better. but it had a long way to go. Good Luck to the X guys. And lets hope no-one gets injured.

 

Bama L - I'm with you on the no injuries thing.

 

By the way, you'd make a pretty good politician. You answered the question without answering the question.

 

H said, in an earlier post, in another thread, after the Manual game, that the field got tore up pretty bad between the hash marks from end zone to end zone.

 

Does this mean it's all dirt now or did the grass have an opportunity to recover before the cold weather set in? That Zoysia Grass doesn't like cold weather ya know.:confused:

 

Did the PRP game last week do further damage to the turf?

 

Will it be a fast track or slow? :lol:

Bama L - I'm with you on the no injuries thing.

 

By the way, you'd make a pretty good politician. You answered the question without answering the question.

 

H said, in an earlier post, in another thread, after the Manual game, that the field got tore up pretty bad between the hash marks from end zone to end zone.

 

Does this mean it's all dirt now or did the grass have an opportunity to recover before the cold weather set in? That Zoysia Grass doesn't like cold weather ya know.:confused:

 

Did the PRP game last week do further damage to the turf?

 

Will it be a fast track or slow? :lol:

 

 

 

Male's field is Bermuda grass and it's brown--it's done growing for the season. I thought the field looked a lot better for the PRP game than it did for the Manual game, but the field was a lot drier for PRP. With 3 days to dry out and 60-70 degree temps between now and Friday, I think it will be a firm, fast track for the game with the Tigers this Friday. :thumb:

Right now the weather forecast doesn't look too bad for all the games. Its gonna be hard going to a game without our ponchos or heavy coats. X fans look me up I'll be wearing a Male cap and jacket.

I'm sure you'll stick out in the Male crowd with that on!

I think that it is time for Male to get field turf....

 

 

I will be in Trinity gear.

Male's field is Bermuda grass and it's brown--it's done growing for the season. I thought the field looked a lot better for the PRP game than it did for the Manual game, but the field was a lot drier for PRP. With 3 days to dry out and 60-70 degree temps between now and Friday, I think it will be a firm, fast track for the game with the Tigers this Friday. :thumb:

 

Thanks for the detail H. I'm glad to here the field has improved since the Manual game. Of course it wouldn't take much since we gat a bazillion inches of rain that week. This should help both Male's and X's Mr. Football candidates improve their respective statistics.

 

FYI. "Bermuda and Zoysia are kissing cousins. They both go dormant and turn brown at first frost. Both are Warm Season Grasses. There is very little difference in root structure and blade texture. Both provide a deep lush carpet like appearance".:rolleyes:

 

It's amazing what you can learn on this message board.

 

:thumb: GO TIGERS!:thumb:

What is Male's approach to this game? Do they feel as if they will win for sure? Just wondering. Eventhough Im a Tiger supporter, I just find it really hard to believe that the Tigers will win this game. I feel as if the Tigers have more than enough talent to win, however they have not really sparked so far this year. Maybe its my perception or expectations but I would be really surprised to see X play hard, consistent and spirited football for 4 qtrs. I have not seen them do it this year. The defense will have to play an exceptional game no dought. Offense as well. Special teams even have to show up and execute to get this game in the W column. Where has it been all year? How is it going to show up on Friday night? Realistically, I just don't see it. Surprise the heck out of me Tigers. Beat Male.

I think that chemistry might be the biggest hurdle to X's success this season.

I think that chemistry might be the biggest hurdle to X's success this season.

 

Excuse me??? :eek: What are you talking about?

I have simply seen that this Xaverian team doesn't nearly seem as "gelled" as those in the past....

I have simply seen that this Xaverian team doesn't nearly seem as "gelled" as those in the past....

 

I strongly DISAGREE with you. ;)

With the won - loss record of 9 - 2 this St. X team is really a question mark to me. I have huge expectations based off of the talent returning and preseason talk. I expected a very dominating team on O, D and ST like X has never had before...... With the one point loss in overtime to No. 1 ranked Male one can find some good chartater to build on. X was sleeping the first 24 minutes and started playing in 2nd half. Yes, I know field position was terrible, but you earn field position and 3 and Out does not get you much with 35 yard punts. Still, I have to believe that IF the Tigers put together a full game, very good things can happen. WRT the Trinity game, sleeping again!! (Im not wanting to take anything away from Trinity, Im just saying that X was not in the game mentally at the start which very quickly transfered into not being in the game physically.) Game over. In these two losses, St. X has clearly shown that it has a problem in mental prepration for a big game. I think these are two excellent data points that can not be disputed by anyone. Yes, the 2nd half recovery vs. Male was encouraging. The special teams still need work. I find it hard for any team which has struggled in this manner thorughout the season, to right the ship in a two week season against the No. 1 and No. 2 ranked teams back to back. Having said all of that, I still have hope, I know there is some extreme talent on that team and Im just waiting for it to explode. I am confident that if all of this talent gets on the same page, the mission can be accomplished.

 

Go Tigers - Play your best game of the year (so far) this Friday.

Field should be in pretty good shape. Real fast. And I thought about writing my name on some Ballots, but I didn't really want to vote for me. If Bama was 10-0 I'd wear my lucky Bama cap and Bulldog shirt. Lets have some fun the next two days before the game. We can show those NKy and EKy fans how we break down the game and each other. Go Cards also.

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.