September 23, 20188 yr Looking more and more like Ross doesn’t like to finish routes or fight for the ball, might be more of a clue why he didn’t play more last year!
September 23, 20188 yr I felt the Bengals needed to win of one of the two in Carolina or Atlanta and thought this would be the best chance. The Bengals defense did not play well until the 4th quarter and then gave the offense chances. With AJ out, the Panthers finally doubled Boyd and that was it. AD had no one to rely on other than the TE's. Ross really hurt us on a couple of the picks. One was in coverage he didn't contest. Wasn't a great pass but he had a chance. The other one he obviously quit on the route and gave up an easy pick. AD was really tryng and is making throws I have never seen him make. There were 2-3 in really tight windows where he put the ball in the only place it could be and it was on the money. In conclusion, you can't have 3 turnovers (I know there were 4, but the Hail Mary had no significance on the outcome) and let a running back run for 150+ yards and expect to win, especially on the road. It they win next week, the Bengals will be in really good shape, lose and it is that going either way thing. It is not good that Atlanta lost the way they did today. Atlanta does not have nearly as good a defense as the Panthers, but they have a great offense, much better than the Panthers that put up 31 today.
September 23, 20188 yr One half of AJ Green. No Mixon. No Burfict. No Billy Price at center. No Preston Brown. Still almost pulled out a win on the road against a good team.
September 23, 20188 yr One half of AJ Green. No Mixon. No Burfict. No Billy Price at center. No Preston Brown. Still almost pulled out a win on the road against a good team. Panthers with no Olsen and 3 starting o linemen out and still dominate us with 230 on the ground, that just came down to desire today and our d line didn’t give it, very disappointing, not a good sign.
September 24, 20188 yr One half of AJ Green. No Mixon. No Burfict. No Billy Price at center. No Preston Brown. Still almost pulled out a win on the road against a good team. This was the buzz over at Belterra Park this afternoon. No big deal, our best players were out, and life would be good again when they return. I'm sure these people don't look beyond what WE are playing without, but that was distinctly the feeling. I sensed no feeling of remorse or impending doom as a result of this loss. It was actually the most upbeat loss I've experienced in that environment.
September 24, 20188 yr Panthers with no Olsen and 3 starting o linemen out and still dominate us with 230 on the ground, that just came down to desire today and our d line didn’t give it, very disappointing, not a good sign. The poor linebacker play today was a killer. Having Burfict and Brown both out showed up today for sure. Even Vigil struggled today after playing well in the first two games. I know he ended up with a lot of tackles but I felt like he had some really bad reads today.
September 24, 20188 yr Panthers with no Olsen and 3 starting o linemen out and still dominate us with 230 on the ground, that just came down to desire today and our d line didn’t give it, very disappointing, not a good sign. I dont think it's a bad sign. Its just the NFL. Browns won this week. The Bill's had the biggest upset in over 20 years in regards to the spread of a game. The Lions who haven't looked good at all, and players complaining about the new coach. Go out and dominate the Patriots. The titans beat the Jags. I don't think it was a bad sign at all. It's just the NFL. Winning in the NFL is hard. I think the Bengals are in good shape. I think most would have taken even 2 and 2 before the year started in these first 4 games with 3 on the road. Still a shot at 3 and 1, but will be tough with the injuries on the road. The defense always seems to always get better once Burfict is back. So I like where they are at. 2 and 0 in the AFC and 1 and 0 in the division.
September 24, 20188 yr I felt the Bengals needed to win of one of the two in Carolina or Atlanta and thought this would be the best chance. The Bengals defense did not play well until the 4th quarter and then gave the offense chances. With AJ out, the Panthers finally doubled Boyd and that was it. AD had no one to rely on other than the TE's. Ross really hurt us on a couple of the picks. One was in coverage he didn't contest. Wasn't a great pass but he had a chance. The other one he obviously quit on the route and gave up an easy pick. AD was really tryng and is making throws I have never seen him make. There were 2-3 in really tight windows where he put the ball in the only place it could be and it was on the money. In conclusion, you can't have 3 turnovers (I know there were 4, but the Hail Mary had no significance on the outcome) and let a running back run for 150+ yards and expect to win, especially on the road. It they win next week, the Bengals will be in really good shape, lose and it is that going either way thing. It is not good that Atlanta lost the way they did today. Atlanta does not have nearly as good a defense as the Panthers, but they have a great offense, much better than the Panthers that put up 31 today. Completely agree. I have no complaints about Dalton, even after 4 interceptions. He does seem like a different qb so far, and I like it! I do think Ross tried to fight for that first interception. But it was 3rd and 15 and Dalton was trying to make a play. With Dalton looking like he is right now. I am very confident in this team no matter how they do next week.
September 24, 20188 yr Looking more and more like Ross doesn’t like to finish routes or fight for the ball, might be more of a clue why he didn’t play more last year! He's rapidly looking like one of the old Bengals' legendary first round busts. He flat quit on the interception!
September 24, 20188 yr Bengals looked horrible. Horrible should be saved for teams like the Vikings yesterday. Bengals didn't look horrible. They certainly didn't look good either though.
September 24, 20188 yr The way that McCaffrey ran all over the Bengals defense was embarrassing. That was awful and really the story of the game. You have to bring a safety up and Cam who is an average to above average passer, becomes a great passer and even a better runner (if that is possible because he is dangerous rushing the ball). Evidently, Jackson missed quite a few assignments yesterday which explains the couple of times there was no one within a football field of Funchess.
September 24, 20188 yr Horrible should be saved for teams like the Vikings yesterday. Bengals didn't look horrible. They certainly didn't look good either though. Yes, they weren't horrible and really were in the game until the last 3-4 minutes. The defense, I hope, was not exposed. I hope it was just a bad game. I thought Gio, AD, Boyd, Eifert/Uzomah, and the o-line played well enough on the road to win. The missed FG took away any real chance to win. The Panthers got great field position, only had to make a couple of first downs, which they did, and kick the FG to put it out of reach. Overall, the Bengals just got beat. No bad calls, no really bonehead coaching or QB play, just got it handed to them by the Panthers banged up o-line against our front seven.
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.