Urban Meyer Releases Statement

GrantNKY

You said why would he. Plenty of reason to fire a guy who has a few times been accused of DV. Plenty of reason to fire him when your wife is friends with the victim and knows a lot more than we even know. Meaning he most likely knew about to. So yes plenty of reasons why to fire him, since you asked the question why to fire him.

You osu guys are funny. I have missed you all.

It’s not a good idea to fire anyone in America or anywhere based on unmerited accusations, that were investigated by the police and not corroborated.

I wouldn’t imagine you fire people without proof.

• Replies 238
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Why would he? Wow! Probably because this would at least be the second time that he definitely knew of that his assistant coach was in trouble for possibly DV. And as mentioned there was 60 other calls. Which sounds like the wife's were close and talked. So chances are Urban probably knew about other calls in the past too. So I would think having a coach on staff who if anything is close to pushing the line enough to where he may or may not be doing DV is plenty of enough reason to just go ahead and get rid of him. Rather of taking the chance of keeping the guy on staff that you know is probably going to be trouble for you. The fact that he even kept him around after 2009 was going to be trouble enough for Urban, for why he even kept him after that.

As you know I'm definitely not an OSU guy but I have always been an Urban Meyer fan. However what you all are saying and even like celebrating like hey he reported it he was good, who cares if he possibly kept a coach this whole time who was beating his wife, we may not lose our coach now.

Coaches fire assistants for plenty of things. Even if charges were not filed. Considering Urban knew of 2009 and probably many other problems between them. The 2015 thing should have been reason enough to fire him on his own. No reason to chance even having a DV guy on your staff at that point even if files werent charged.

The 60+ calls were from Courtney to the police. Something that sealed in the legal documents that just came to light. Something Urban and OSU would have been unable to access in 2015. I’m celebrating the news because it vindicates someone I believe is being wrongfully accused of something he didn’t do. Urban Meyer did his job. He wasn’t going to fire the grandson of one of his closest mentors, someone he referred to as a 2nd father to him, for an allegation that were not susbtatianted until just now. Neither JA or I have ever, condoned any of the domestic violence that, as of right now, are still allegations against

Zach Smith. Smith can rot in hell for all I care. If he laid a hand on his ex wife he should tried and convicted to the nth degree. As far as Urban Meyer goes, his reputation is probably destroyed for the rest of his life due to his loyalty to his mentor who was a great man. He has two things he should apologize for: 1) Lying to the media. 2) Hiring Zach Smith to begin with because he was a crappy WR coach and is probably and even worse person.

He should not apologize for covering up domestic violence because as far as Urban Meyer knew in 2015, the Smiths were having marital issues, the same marital issues the Smith’s have had the whole time he’s known them. The same marital issues the Meyers counseled them on. The same marital issues that ultimately ended with divorce. Meyer should not apologize for doing his job and trying to help out someone at the time he considered a friend by giving him a job. Undoubtably, Urban regrets how this all went down, but he has nothing to apologize for besides the two things I named.

So why continue to lie then? That’s the part I don’t understand. He has zero credibility now. The statement was carefully crafted with the sole intention of saving face. Coaches get fired for his actions in this situation. I don’t think he will be fired but I’m still not sold that he should keep his job. Gene Smith should be scared to death right now.
How is he continuing to lie? That’s what I’m confused about. Why would he lie in a statement that is so easily disproven. If you think that’s what he’s still lying about then fine, but I just don’t think him or his lawyers could possibly be that dumb. It would be a pretty swift investigation if that were the case.

Because it’s the grandson of his mentor and he looked the other way when he should have fired him regardless of what was reported to higher ups.

So fire someone without evidence of any wrongdoing? What kind of America do you live in?

How is he continuing to lie? That’s what I’m confused about. Why would he lie in a statement that is so easily disproven. If you think that’s what he’s still lying about then fine, but I just don’t think him or his lawyers could possibly be that dumb. It would be a pretty swift investigation if that were the case.

So he has never spoken about this incident to anyone until Media Days? He’s never been asked about it? At all? By anyone?

So he has never spoken about this incident to anyone until Media Days? He’s never been asked about it? At all? By anyone?

Not that I’ve seen anywhere and trust me I’ve read just about everything on the topic since the news broke.

I mean you all at one time believed Rick Pitino and Bobby Petrino...

Are you publically saying Urban is lying about reporting it in 2015? Let’s be perfectly clear about what you’re saying.

Right, and you thought Pitino should be fired, with zero proof. :lol2: :lol2: :lol2:

Im publically saying Meyer should have fired him.

Oh so you’re still hanging your hat on this is somehow law enforcement’s fault? :lol2:

I dont blame Law enforcement, but I do think they need to at least answer why no charges if so many calls and visits were made.

...and if the answer is not enough evidence to charge, or wife didnt want to press charges.....Im ok with that.