Urban Meyer Releases Statement

GrantNKY

This reeks of cover up from top to bottom and Urban’s track record isn’t a secret. Who is he protecting by lying anyways?

It’s easy to disprove if he lied in his statement today. Not sure there is anything to protect anymore. Smith was already gone.

• Replies 238
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Only thing I cleared, is that he did in fact report the 2015 violation and nowhere did I predict a National Championship. Do you have any proof of that?

Ehh the NC part was me. Got a little carried away with the good news so since we’re often linked together as the 2 vocal OSU guys I’m sure it was harmless on his part assuming you said it. :lol2:

Only thing I cleared, is that he did in fact report the 2015 violation and nowhere did I predict a National Championship. Do you have any proof of that?

I think he got the other OSU lover no matter what confused, because that was GrantNKY who said that.

Yes he can but coming off a National title production season and no police charges, why would he?

Why would he? Wow! Probably because this would at least be the second time that he definitely knew of that his assistant coach was in trouble for possibly DV. And as mentioned there was 60 other calls. Which sounds like the wife's were close and talked. So chances are Urban probably knew about other calls in the past too. So I would think having a coach on staff who if anything is close to pushing the line enough to where he may or may not be doing DV is plenty of enough reason to just go ahead and get rid of him. Rather of taking the chance of keeping the guy on staff that you know is probably going to be trouble for you. The fact that he even kept him around after 2009 was going to be trouble enough for Urban, for why he even kept him after that.

As you know I'm definitely not an OSU guy but I have always been an Urban Meyer fan. However what you all are saying and even like celebrating like hey he reported it he was good, who cares if he possibly kept a coach this whole time who was beating his wife, we may not lose our coach now.

Coaches fire assistants for plenty of things. Even if charges were not filed. Considering Urban knew of 2009 and probably many other problems between them. The 2015 thing should have been reason enough to fire him on his own. No reason to chance even having a DV guy on your staff at that point even if files werent charged.

Where you been fc?

You’re late to this party bro, they’ve been holding it down without you. I was wondering where you were, hope all is well.

I been waiting to comment until we knew more. Even though I dont like OSU. I have always like Urban. So I was actually going to stay out of this, until I seen some of your alls comments on this. Which I just explained in post above.

Why would he? Wow! Probably because this would at least be the second time that he definitely knew of that his assistant coach was in trouble for possibly DV. And as mentioned there was 60 other calls. Which sounds like the wife's were close and talked. So chances are Urban probably knew about other calls in the past too. So I would think having a coach on staff who if anything is close to pushing the line enough to where he may or may not be doing DV is plenty of enough reason to just go ahead and get rid of him. Rather of taking the chance of keeping the guy on staff that you know is probably going to be trouble for you. The fact that he even kept him around after 2009 was going to be trouble enough for Urban, for why he even kept him after that.

As you know I'm definitely not an OSU guy but I have always been an Urban Meyer fan. However what you all are saying and even like celebrating like hey he reported it he was good, who cares if he possibly kept a coach this whole time who was beating his wife, we may not lose our coach now.

Coaches fire assistants for plenty of things. Even if charges were not filed. Considering Urban knew of 2009 and probably many other problems between them. The 2015 thing should have been reason enough to fire him on his own. No reason to chance even having a DV guy on your staff at that point even if files werent charged.

So that’s a long winded way of agreeing with me about why the police, after doing a thorough investigation, coordinated with OSU in 2015, never found anything, yet there is reportedly all this evidence.

I feel ya bro, but we don’t know the full terms of the investigation.

Please notify the Powell PD and the county prosecutor. If there is real evidence they haven’t seen over the last several years for some reason, they need to see it. If he harmed her and she has proof, he should be held accountable.

@Deuce @HammerTime

For obvious reasons she didnt press charges. Happens all the time. This isn’t a crimal case so I don’t care about any of that, that’s her decision. It’s about defending a scumbag running your program. His history proves that.

It’s easy to disprove if he lied in his statement today. Not sure there is anything to protect anymore. Smith was already gone.

So why continue to lie then? That’s the part I don’t understand. He has zero credibility now. The statement was carefully crafted with the sole intention of saving face. Coaches get fired for his actions in this situation. I don’t think he will be fired but I’m still not sold that he should keep his job. Gene Smith should be scared to death right now.

So why continue to lie then? That’s the part I don’t understand. He has zero credibility now. The statement was carefully crafted with the sole intention of saving face. Coaches get fired for his actions in this situation. I don’t think he will be fired but I’m still not sold that he should keep his job. Gene Smith should be scared to death right now.

Geee I wonder.

For obvious reasons she didnt press charges. Happens all the time. This isn’t a crimal case so I don’t care about any of that, that’s her decision. It’s about defending a scumbag running your program. His history proves that.

So Urban Meyer is to blame for her not pressing charges? Wow... that’s a bold stance. Even though, he reported it to his boss and they coordinated a police investigation.

You really don’t like Urban Meyer.

Also, don’t stand for DV, you are in possession of screenshots, do what’s right.

So that’s a long winded way of agreeing with me about why the police, after doing a thorough investigation, coordinated with OSU in 2015, never found anything, yet there is reportedly all this evidence.

I feel ya bro, but we don’t know the full terms of the investigation.

You said why would he. Plenty of reason to fire a guy who has a few times been accused of DV. Plenty of reason to fire him when your wife is friends with the victim and knows a lot more than we even know. Meaning he most likely knew about to. So yes plenty of reasons why to fire him, since you asked the question why to fire him.

You osu guys are funny. I have missed you all.

You said why would he. Plenty of reason to fire a guy who has a few times been accused of DV. Plenty of reason to fire him when your wife is friends with the victim and knows a lot more than we even know. Meaning he most likely knew about to. So yes plenty of reasons why to fire him, since you asked the question why to fire him.

You osu guys are funny. I have missed you all.

Because it’s the grandson of his mentor and he looked the other way when he should have fired him regardless of what was reported to higher ups.