Urban Meyer Releases Statement

GrantNKY

I admire your “I don’t care about the texts she sent her husband, because I’m defending my coach regardless.” :lol2: :thumb:

I think we would all admire you turning any evidence over to the authorities. You aren’t the kinda guy in my opinion to let DV go, you’ve been an admirable member for years. We expect you and @HammerTime to do the right thing.

• Replies 238
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

One fact I’d like to point out from the other thread. This did not involve the Columbus police department. The Smith’s live in Powell, this was the Powell PD involved in all of the 911 calls.

Oh so you’re still hanging your hat on this is somehow law enforcement’s fault? :lol2:

So now we have to wait and see who had the juice. Gene Smith or Urban Meyer. I say Gene Smith takes the fall on this one.

They both should be fired though.

Meyer should be fired for lying to the media? Because right now that’s the only thing he did wrong. Courtney has admitted herself that in 2015 she didn’t tell anyone, and the police records were sealed. That was probably a pretty short investigation. Urban turned it over to his bosses, talked to smith, Smith denied it all, and Urbans bosses never found anything. Not sure what Urban could do at that point. Fire Smith? Sure. But as far as Urban knew nothing happened except it was a toxic relationship and if he followed protocol and his superiors didn’t come back with anything he has no grounds to fire him. By the way I fully supported firing Smith in 2015 not because of Domestic Violence but because he sucked as a coach and couldn’t stop running his mouth on Twitter.

Oh so you’re still hanging your hat on this is somehow law enforcement’s fault? :lol2:

I think a lot of people have questions as to why reportedly 60+ 911 calls and no arrest. Honestly, I don’t know how that surprises you? A former Ohio cop was on the radio saying if they come to a DV scene and the victim has any marks, the subject is taken out and removed for at least 24 hours. I think there are a lot of questions here, did they not do a thorough job, or did they not have any evidence to work with?

This story is just getting started and JA already clearing him of wrong doing and on to the National Championship:lol2:

Wasn’t the whole case yesterday about Meyer not reporting anything and that’s why he should be fired?

Meyer should be fired for lying to the media? Because right now that’s the only thing he did wrong. Courtney has admitted herself that in 2015 she didn’t tell anyone, and the police records were sealed. That was probably a pretty short investigation. Urban turned it over to his bosses, talked to smith, Smith denied it all, and Urbans bosses never found anything. Not sure what Urban could do at that point. Fire Smith? Sure. But as far as Urban knew nothing happened except it was a toxic relationship and if he followed protocol and his superiors didn’t come back with anything he has no grounds to fire him. By the way I fully supported firing Smith in 2015 not because of Domestic Violence but because he sucked as a coach and couldn’t stop running his mouth on Twitter.

This reeks of cover up from top to bottom and Urban’s track record isn’t a secret. Who is he protecting by lying anyways?

Oh, we believe what Urban says? Well if that’s the case....

I mean you all at one time believed Rick Pitino and Bobby Petrino...

Are you publically saying Urban is lying about reporting it in 2015? Let’s be perfectly clear about what you’re saying.

This story is just getting started and JA already clearing him of wrong doing and on to the National Championship:lol2:

Only thing I cleared, is that he did in fact report the 2015 violation and nowhere did I predict a National Championship. Do you have any proof of that?

Oh, we believe what Urban says? Well if that’s the case....

Do you have a choice? It’s pretty easy to prove if he lied in his statement today and it’s already been discussed how “lawyered up” the statement was. What kind of lawyer is going to prepare a statement like that, that is so easily disproven? Certainly not any of the ones Meyer can afford.