Trimble County cancels 2018 football season due to low numbers

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is sad and unfortunate for the kids of Trimble County. This is never good news when things like this happen anywhere. Unfortunately, I look for this to be an ongoing thing with the smaller schools unless merging begins more, which I could also see happening.

KHSAA data says:

188 boys in 2018

191 in 2017

187 in 2016

190 in 2015

So if there is an enrollment drop off then it has happened this year.

Cant verify this data, but I was told tonight that the district as a whole, could be losing about 30% of its enrollment going into this year.

Not good for any school, let alone a small school. Again if that is true.

Trimble County is not a 1A school. They are 2A

They listed 27 players on their 2017 roster, losing 5 seniors from that team.

I feel bad for their program, because they have poured big bucks into their facility over the past few years, and there seemed to be a lot of booster support and community involvement the last time we were there.

Trimble County is not a 1A school. They are 2A

They listed 27 players on their 2017 roster, losing 5 seniors from that team.

I feel bad for their program, because they have poured big bucks into their facility over the past few years, and there seemed to be a lot of booster support and community involvement the last time we were there.

They must have lost more than just the seniors then. I never played on a team in high school

that had more than 25 players.

They must have lost more than just the seniors then. I never played on a team in high school

that had more than 25 players.

Unfortunately, the problem is bigger than football. The (new) powers that be have created an academic system that the parents and students don’t want. As such, they are going to other schools or moving. Last year’s graduating class was down over 20% from when I left there in 2015.

Unfortunately, the problem is bigger than football. The (new) powers that be have created an academic system that the parents and students don’t want. As such, they are going to other schools or moving. Last year’s graduating class was down over 20% from when I left there in 2015.

What type of system?