Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Trimble County cancels 2018 football season due to low numbers

Featured Replies

IF that is the case, make a coaching change immediately.

 

Something has to be different, with a promise of a positive experience in order for those on the bubble to make the committment.

 

Perhaps someone who has connections to players who are no longer on the team, such as a former Junior High coach.

 

Worked for us, but in Trimble County's situation it appears that time has run out.

 

From what I gather, Coaching isnt the issue here, or at least not the primary issue.

  • Replies 72
  • Views 13.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Get used to this trend. It will only get worse before it gets better.

No.

 

Hopefully they at least wait until school has started. It’s possible to draw while schools in session.

Hopefully they at least wait until school has started. It’s possible to draw while schools in session.

 

I think their first game is before school starts. Plus other teams on their schedule have already made new games so Im not sure what is going on now.

Social media posts indicate that the school is giving until Monday morning for enough kids to show up to practice and field a team before officially calling off the season at noon.

Teams have already found alternative games.

  • Author
Teams have already found alternative games.

Okay. What would you like me to do about that?

 

The schedule on KHSAA still shows them with seven games.

  • Author
From what I gather, Coaching isnt the issue here, or at least not the primary issue.

Agreed. While I am not this coach’s biggest fan, most of this has little to do with him.

With low numbers - I wonder why they want to stay in 2A when they had the chance to drop to 1a?

Okay. What would you like me to do about that?

 

The schedule on KHSAA still shows them with seven games.

 

I think actually there's only four teams that haven't replaced Trimble. Eminence, Switzerland County, and Owen County have found replacement games but they're still on the Trimble schedule.

With low numbers - I wonder why they want to stay in 2A when they had the chance to drop to 1a?

 

I think they probably wanted to stay in a district with Carroll, Owen, Gallatin, etc. because of the proximity.

With low numbers - I wonder why they want to stay in 2A when they had the chance to drop to 1a?

 

Travel, 1A would have had them travelling a lot further.

Travel, 1A would have had them travelling a lot further.

 

Maybe in playoffs - but they could have played teams they been playing. Only teams would have added in the district would be KCD and Frankfort.

 

In 2A they can’t compete

Maybe in playoffs - but they could have played teams they been playing. Only teams would have added in the district would be KCD and Frankfort.

 

In 2A they can’t compete

 

They couldn't compete in 1A either, so why not stay close to home.

With low numbers - I wonder why they want to stay in 2A when they had the chance to drop to 1a?

 

I believe they will be in 1A under the realignment next year.

I believe they will be in 1A under the realignment next year.

 

IMO this may not be just a one year low numbers thing. Could be a longer term problem.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.