Report: OSU's Urban Meyer Knew and Lied About Domestic Abuse Allegations

Wireman

• Replies 307
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

“The alleged incident in 2015 was brought to my attention, but after speaking with smith and law enforcement we decided to keep smith on the staff. In hindsight I regret this decision but at the time we didn’t feel there was enough evidence to act.” It’s not that hard.

“Urban spoke with Zach who denied everything in 2015.” Zach’s wife said “Urban doesn’t know what to think.”

The police nor the DA decide to charge Smith. Did she show the police those pictures? Why in the world wouldn’t they arrest this scumbag?

Urban still could have fired him for being a below average coach.

Urban still should have fired him for being a below average coach.

Fixed the last part for you. We’re on the same page, but it’s still a bad look. Basically the only thing Urban has going for him is lack of charges ever being filed and Courtney deciding not to go to the authorities. One very well worded press conference will squash this whole thing assuming what we believe to be true is actually true. But nobody besides OSU fans are going to give Urban the benefit of the doubt

Courtney Smith “Shelley never confirmed to me that she told Urban.”

How often do you see a HC wife in the spotlight?

The easiest way for all of this to go away is for Shelley to simply come out and say she never discussed the situation with Urban.

Wow. Just went back and read Meyer's quote denying knowledge about the incident. That's a pretty blatant lie he told. Can't believe he didn't fire the guy in 2015 given his knowledge of the 2009 domestic abuse arrest.

How is it possible that from 09-15 that this guy wasn’t charged? Especially, if she has photographic evidence, that’s scary.

There are recent storylines similar to this story with Tom Izzo at MSU and he has kept his job. But OSU in the past has been a no tolerance institution when it comes to this sort of thing. I expect this will either blow over in a week or OSU will have a new coach. But something will happen fast.

How is it possible that from 09-15 that this guy wasn’t charged? Especially, if she has photographic evidence, that’s scary.

Apparently was arrested in 2009 but the wife was asked to drop the charges by two close friends of Meyer, one of them being Earl Bruce. I don't think there was any allegations between 2009 and 2015, at least non have been mentioned.

Apparently was arrested in 2009 but the wife was asked to drop the charges by two close friends of Meyer, one of them being Earl Bruce. I don't think there was any allegations between 2009 and 2015, at least non have been mentioned.

It should be noted that Earle Bruce is Zach Smiths grandfather.