Report: OSU's Urban Meyer Knew and Lied About Domestic Abuse Allegations

Wireman

• Replies 307
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Apparently was arrested in 2009 but the wife was asked to drop the charges by two close friends of Meyer, one of them being Earl Bruce. I don't think there was any allegations between 2009 and 2015, at least non have been mentioned.

2015 is the one Urban is being alleged to cover up.

Correct. I would suspect that is the reason Meyer didn't take a more aggressive position towards Smith.

That’s 100% the reason Urban gave him the benefit of the doubt. Earle was an incredible guy by all accounts and one of Urbans biggest mentors. Hell, the only reason Zach Smith had a job on Urbans staff is because of Bruce. Smith was a god-awful coach.

Anyone surprise a Big 10 school cant stay out of trouble?

Im not so sure this is a big of a story as its being made to be.

When the Izzo story came out I was sure it was going to be a big story and nothing ever happened. My best guess is that takes place here too.

I'll probably just start whatever thread I want to start.
I wasn’t saying anything wrong with it. I was actually coming onto BGP to start the thread myself, but as a notorious Ohio State hater it’s not really shocking that you were the one to start the thread.

Courtney said that her own parents told her not to call the police after reportedly telling them what’s going on and sending pics... she must have the worst parents ever?

That's sad. Sounds like she was facing a lot of pressure not to report.