Report: OSU's Urban Meyer Knew and Lied About Domestic Abuse Allegations

Wireman

That's sad. Sounds like she was facing a lot of pressure not to report.

As someone with a daughter, this is the part I question. His parents, I could understand but would find horrible. But her parents? I’m not saying he’s innocent but I wish we knew all of the facts.

• Replies 307
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I agree that Urban and the university are more worried about winning than domestic violence.

If Urban is guilty of anything it’s his undying loyalty to Earle Bruce. It wasn’t because Urban cared about winning more than domestic violence. Anyone that is familiar with the OSU program knows that Smith was virtually useless and was known more for his twitter usage than anything he did developing wide receivers. Urban definitely didn’t keep Smith on because he was helping them win he kept him on because he was doing a favor to his mentor (who I’m definitely assuming knew nothing of this).

I agree that Urban and the university are more worried about winning than domestic violence.

I could say the same about Nick Saban who signed a known domestic abuser who pleaded guilty to the charge, who went on to abuse another girl 3 months after joining Bama, then Saban let him go.

As someone with a daughter, this is the part I question. His parents, I could understand but would find horrible. But her parents? I’m not saying he’s innocent but I wish we knew all of the facts.

Oh I don't question it at all. Unfortunately that is a fairly common reaction when the parents are worried about what's going to happen financially to the wife and kids. I agree it's pretty pathetic. I'm with you, that would not be my reaction.

Oh I don't question it at all. Unfortunately that is a fairly common reaction when the parents are worried about what's going to happen financially to the wife and kids. I agree it's pretty pathetic. I'm with you, that would not be my reaction.

Even if she just divorces him she gets 30% child support on 2 kids on someone making close to 400k, plus the potential for spousal support. Some of this doesn’t make sense.

Straight cash homey.

Just playing devils advocate, but I highly doubt whatever hush money she would have received is greater than the child support and money she would receive from pressing charges. You have to keep in mind this is a WR coach and a really bad WR coach at that. There is no reason for anyone to try and hush her with any amount of money.

Good move by OSU putting Meyer on leave. Let them investigate and then decide on the proper discipline if any.

I really think they had no choice. This was 100% the right thing to do. They have to do a Title IX investigation, but the best thing for the team and Urban is to limit the distractions.