Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

DJ Jeffries decomitts from UK

Featured Replies

Coach Cals first player to decomit at Ky.

 

I guess kid will end up with his HS coach. Hardaway.

Hopefully he'll find the right spot for him.

Hopefully that move works out for him.

His dad is on social media accusing the UK coaching staff of not taking the news very well and acting unprofessional. I find that hard to believe but due to NCAA restrictions the staff can’t comment or defend themselves due to him being a recruit.

I can’t see them making a big issue about it, especially this type of decision by a 4 Star recruit.

Think that maybe Memphis upped the ante to change the young man's mind, just saying?

 

You mean a better car than UK was providing?

His dad is on social media accusing the UK coaching staff of not taking the news very well and acting unprofessional. I find that hard to believe but due to NCAA restrictions the staff can’t comment or defend themselves due to him being a recruit.

I can’t see them making a big issue about it, especially this type of decision by a 4 Star recruit.

 

 

He later said it was Barbee who didn’t handle it well.

 

Family was bothered by no UK coach being at the kid’s final game.

He later said it was Barbee who didn’t handle it well.

 

Family was bothered by no UK coach being at the kid’s final game.

 

That's a cop out by the family, looking for an excuse to recant the commitment. I'd think a kid that had already committed wouldn't need his hand held at every game. I'd say leave me alone go get me some help!

That's a cop out by the family, looking for an excuse to recant the commitment. I'd think a kid that had already committed wouldn't need his hand held at every game. I'd say leave me alone go get me some help!

 

Sounds about right. Gotta have a reason, not related to Memphis......

His dad is on social media accusing the UK coaching staff of not taking the news very well and acting unprofessional. I find that hard to believe but due to NCAA restrictions the staff can’t comment or defend themselves due to him being a recruit.

I can’t see them making a big issue about it, especially this type of decision by a 4 Star recruit.

 

I look for a top 50 recruit to take his place at UK. No worries here.

 

I agree for the most part. Usually a 4 star decommitting probably wouldn't bother them much. However in this case I think they realize it probably hurts their chances even more at getting Wiseman who is the top player in that class and teammates with Jeffries. Hardaway being the Memphis coach already had it difficult to get Wiseman, but now Jeffries being gone also hurts their chances. If I had to guess Jeffries maybe knows Wiseman is going to Memphis.

A few things to remember on top of what I’ve already said in regards to Jefferies and Wiseman not being close. First off, Jefferies is a Mississippi kid and while he did play with Team Penny last year he is not a Memphis kid. From what I have been told from national insiders, Jefferies tried to jump back to play with Wiseman in the last two weeks of July and it was shot down by Wiseman which is why Jefferies ended up playing with the CP3 squad in Vegas.

 

I know everyone has been quick to try and connect the dots on this, but it is a LOT more complicated than is being played out in the national media. Maybe they both end up at Memphis, but for that to happen Penny and company are going to have to rebuild a bunch of bridges in the process.

 

If I had to guess as things stand, Jefferies is much more likely to land at Mississippi St than he is Memphis. That is ten fold if Penny actually gets Wiseman to stay home. I just don’t see a scenario where the two play college ball at the same spot unless things take a significant turn...

  • Author

The dad seems to act like a crybaby.

 

Did he expect Cal to beg?

 

Good riddance and happy trails. Enjoy the NIT and European League.

The dad seems to act like a crybaby.

 

Did he expect Cal to beg?

 

Good riddance and happy trails. Enjoy the NIT and European League.

 

So nobody who played at Memphis ever makes it to the NBA?

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.