Highlands 2018

Ram

Nice thanks, who are the sophomores that will be contributing? I know of Huber at running back and Mason South on defense. Any other sophomores going to be sniffing around being a starter?

Huber is a junior OL player that will probably compete for a starting position. Buten is the sophomore RB that will probably get a lot of varsity snaps if healthy

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Huber is a junior OL player that will probably compete for a starting position. Buten is the sophomore RB that will probably get a lot of varsity snaps if healthy

My mistake, yes I meant Buten the RB.

I can't speak on this year's team but I will say I LOVE what has been done with the Ft Thomas league teams. They have really turned it around and are getting young kids in Ft Thomas excited about football. Hosting weekly summer camps amazing new uniforms for each team. Those things really get the young kids excited and having fun. With the rebuilding of the youth program it can really help the High School team in the future. Hats off to the men and women who have done so much work!!!

As I said in prior posts, Mr. Buten needs time to get his legs, and mind together. There's absolutely no reason to rush the kid. I'm confident that the Varsity squad is OK at the RB position, which will allow Joe the time he needs to get mind & body in unison. It's not as easy as people think coming off an injury to the knee's, ankles, hips, back, etc. Again, the sky is the limit with this kid. No need to rush him, or anybody else that's in his shoes. Things always seem to work-out just fine. Patience truly is a great virtue.

I thought NCC played well. Anderson had speed and good route runners. HHS offense was OK plenty of work to do. If you are a HHS DB get to work as kids had their way in the secondary. Shaking your head coming off the field is not going to cut it. All in all good work early. PS who cares who wins 7 on 7 is fools gold. Their is a reason why they wear pads! Let’s Cowboy Up!