Highlands 2018

Ram

Nice, this is what I was looking for. Good to see some key guys are going both ways. I believe this defense will surprise some people.

Did you mean 7/24 next week I assume? Is the 7 on 7 inner-squad or are they playing another team? I will be up there. Thanks for the info!

Playing NCC

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not a bad attempt at current depth chart - I'll make just a couple of additions/corrections.

D Line - Sisson will be 3 year starter. Few boys including Lewin played in rotation last year. Also expect OL Johnson and Dierig to get some snaps.

LB - Huddleston, M. Schwalbach, Starkey, Bowman are all returning. There are others ready to contribute as Bowman and Huddleston will see plenty of offensive snaps

DB - Armstrong, Brass, Greene, Ahlfeld are all returning experienced players. Ahlfeld will also be a main target as a receiver.

7 v 7 next Tuesday 8/24 at HHS. Invite was sent out to football group to attend. Come up support and see for yourselves.

I've seen Huddleston play and imo it's a disservice for him not to be full time defense and part time offense instead of the other way around. He has a defensive mindset and he could really help the D more than the O.

I've seen Huddleston play and imo it's a disservice for him not to be full time defense and part time offense instead of the other way around. He has a defensive mindset and he could really help the D more than the O.

Isn't that what was said? He is a returning linebacker who will see plenty of time on the offensive side of the ball.

I saw the 7 on 7 at Mercer. I thought Danville, Mercer and Highlands were all pretty even throughout the day. There were certain series where one team would out play the other team but I don't think any of those teams dominated each other. I thought Mason looked to be a little below those 3 but just my take.

With Cramer being out, How did the back up QBs look for Highlands at the Mercer 7 on 7.

Who are the backups? Is it just Hollingsworth?

I’ll give you a few other junior names no one has talked about yet. Connor Zell, likely to be opposite Sisson on the D line. Got some varsity time last year, not a huge kid, but best Dlineman on JV last year. Tyler Brune, good speed at RB, strong, and very hard worker. Great attitude. Joey Deshler and Adam Weyer. Great route runners. Both will make plays at WR.

I’ll give you a few other junior names no one has talked about yet. Connor Zell, likely to be opposite Sisson on the D line. Got some varsity time last year, not a huge kid, but best Dlineman on JV last year. Tyler Brune, good speed at RB, strong, and very hard worker. Great attitude. Joey Deshler and Adam Weyer. Great route runners. Both will make plays at WR.

Nice thanks, who are the sophomores that will be contributing? I know of Huber at running back and Mason South on defense. Any other sophomores going to be sniffing around being a starter?