Highlands 2018

Ram

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The O-Line will have nice size and speed. Not giant, but their technique should separate them from the rest of the pack in their division. Kramer should have a break-out year with his receiving cast of: Roberts, Ahfeld, King and Big Ben at T.E. and possibly some of the Sophomores. Running game could be suspect at the beginning of the season, but will mature, as the season progresses. The defense is the area that will require great focus from the coaching staff. They must get great push from the down linemen, and exceptional backfield interference from the ends. I think the LB's play will be OK. Not sure about the CB's & Safety play, as this has been a major weakness in year's past. Nonetheless, it's going to be fun to watch this group. There is a lot of talent to choose from ! Good luck Coaches.

Not sure about your comment of the running game be suspect. I’d put duo of C. Schwalbach and a healthy Joe Buten up against anyone in NKY. Do you mean because you’re worried about the Oline?

Schwalbach will be fine coming out of the gate. Buten's injury can't be rushed in any way. He's a tough kid, however, he's never run against varsity size, or speed. Hopefully, he'll start with the J.V. and work his way up, if warranted. There is no reason to rush this kid, as he is a sophomore with plenty of upside for years to come. I'm confident that the Coaching Staff will bring him along, as they deem necessary. The O-Line is the least of my concerns, at this point. Obviously, injuries dictate that concern. Depth at RB, QB and the Defensive Secondary concern me more. A lot more.

Schwalbach will be fine coming out of the gate. Buten's injury can't be rushed in any way. He's a tough kid, however, he's never run against varsity size, or speed. Hopefully, he'll start with the J.V. and work his way up, if warranted. There is no reason to rush this kid, as he is a sophomore with plenty of upside for years to come. I'm confident that the Coaching Staff will bring him along, as they deem necessary. The O-Line is the least of my concerns, at this point. Obviously, injuries dictate that concern. Depth at RB, QB and the Defensive Secondary concern me more. A lot more.

I agree not rushing Buten back. He's been injured a decent amount and no need to rush it.

I agree with depth at QB but we should hopefully be okay this year if Grady can stay healthy. I think everyone knows the LB's will be the anchor of the defense and I think the DB's should be fine too. Armstrong tackles well(height is an issue but he has the heart), Braas played well last year as a soph and seems to be continuing playing well and it will be extremely hard throw it over Ahlfeld's head at Safety but you are correct they will need some kids to step up and help out in the depth department. Especially if kids are going to be playing both ways which is looks to be that numerous kids could see action.

I'm not underrating or degrading him in any way. He's a great kid. However, there's a huge difference running against varsity size, strength & speed. While he has nice speed, and a good head for the game, we should probably leave it at that, considering it's July 10th and he's still recovering. As I said, he has two more years ahead of him. No reason to rush things now, as there's nothing to prove. Take your time, and get healthy Joe ! Best of luck.

How many returning starters?

You highlighted my confusion for me with his post that “their technique will separate them from the rest of the division.” CCH is returning essentially their entire line with championship experience...that is a tall order.

I don't really care what Cov Cath has. No decent coaching staff is preparing their kids for one team, that's down the road in their season. The HHS staff, I'm confident is working/coaching on all fundamental aspects of the game. They have broken down all of the game film, and reviewed the good and bad from last season. Evaluating their kids, and putting the right pieces in all the slots. This is a good staff, with talented kids. I really wouldn't underestimate this team, or staff. Trust me, right now, Cov. Cath. is the least of their problems. That issue is on page 950, and we're only on page 15 right now. First things first. It's all a process.

I don't really care what Cov Cath has. No decent coaching staff is preparing their kids for one team, that's down the road in their season. The HHS staff, I'm confident is working/coaching on all fundamental aspects of the game. They have broken down all of the game film, and reviewed the good and bad from last season. Evaluating their kids, and putting the right pieces in all the slots. This is a good staff, with talented kids. I really wouldn't underestimate this team, or staff. Trust me, right now, Cov. Cath. is the least of their problems. That issue is on page 950, and we're only on page 15 right now. First things first. It's all a process.

Thank you godfather for the update of the status of HHS football. My boys at CCH aren’t thinking about that game either haha. My point was your line will be a joke compared to ours.