Best Rivalries

Guest Birdman 44

As DevilMayCare said, Raceland / Paintsville is as good of rivalry as any. The two battle the district as well as the region championships practically every season.

As for Raceland's other / local rivalries … Greenup Co. (Iron Bowl) , Russell (rail cities bowl) and district rival Fairview ( just good, clean, ol' fashion hate, lol)

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Back in the day, there was nothing to compare to the Male vs Manual game on turkey

Day. Girls in fancy dressses,young men in sport coats and ties. This game dwarfed any other game including the Flaget vs Saint Xavier game.

Back in the day, there was nothing to compare to the Male vs Manual game on turkey

Day. Girls in fancy dressses,young men in sport coats and ties. This game dwarfed any other game including the Flaget vs Saint Xavier game.

I feel like its weird H.S. football used to play regularly on Thanksgiving. What time would the game be? Early afternoon?

St. X and Flaget was the rivalry. They were both Xaverian taught schools. The game was played on Sunday afternoon at the Fairgrounds Stadium. I am sure that Trinity and Flaget were rivals.

The problem is that Flaget was only open from about 1948 to 1973. About 25 years. Trinity opened about 1958 or so. I am probably a year or two off on both. Someone can help here.

St. X and Flaget was the rivalry. They were both Xaverian taught schools. The game was played on Sunday afternoon at the Fairgrounds Stadium. I am sure that Trinity and Flaget were rivals.

The problem is that Flaget was only open from about 1948 to 1973. About 25 years. Trinity opened about 1958 or so. I am probably a year or two off on both. Someone can help here.

Campbell County and Newcath is a good rivalry. Campbell county and Highlands has been fun the last few years too.

Wasn't Highlands v Campbell a big rivalry back in the day before Highlands 1994 - 2014 run? Like 60s -80s?