Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Active Shooter at YouTube HQ

Featured Replies

3 people shot with a revolver, shotgun or AR15...exactly what is the difference based on type of firearm used. Why does type of firearm matter in some cases and not in others?

 

Does not matter if its a revolver, AR, AK, Glock, sawed off shotgun, stabbed with a knife, beat with a club, NRA member, not a NRA member, Asian, White, Black, Hispanic etc. This is a heart or mental health issue. Unless you are some off your rocker, or you have hate in your heart I am not going to stop you if you want to kill. Heck I will poison you if I have to.

 

Not you JumperDad, just saying lol.

  • Replies 67
  • Views 6.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Am I missing something? Where is the outrage to take our guns this time?

 

Mainstream media swept this under the rug.

Be careful what you wish for.

 

I doubt this gal played violent video games or watched violent movies.

 

She just fell out of the crazy tree.

Sounds like she felt YouTube was suppressing her videos and preventing her popularity. I did read her father had turned her in Monday, and told police she would go to YouTube HQ.

 

Heard father and brother both reported her and she was interviewed by police and they found nothing suspicious about her.

Did she have a criminal record? Was she underage? Did she have an AR-15? What type of gun did she have? There are differences and you know it?

 

This is still tragic nonethe less. You are missing nothing.

 

Not to the victims and their families.

Not to the victims and their families.

 

I agree, but when talking types of guns that are now legal that some, many, etc. believe should be illegal that is the concern. You know why or, maybe you don't, that is when the debate starts.

 

If she had a A-15, more than likely there could have been more dead and injured. But there is no sense debating. It is all or nothing for the extreme on both sides of the gun debate.

  • Author
I agree, but when talking types of guns that are now legal that some, many, etc. believe should be illegal that is the concern. You know why or, maybe you don't, that is when the debate starts.

 

If she had a A-15, more than likely there could have been more dead and injured. But there is no sense debating. It is all or nothing for the extreme on both sides of the gun debate.

 

VA Tech largest school shooting to date...only used pistols.

 

People need to quit fixating on type of guns and focus on the people doing the killings. Ban one gun and they'll use the next available one.

 

This has died in the media because she literally checks no boxes the anti gun people want to check when one of these things happen.

 

If this had been a male, right wing, beef eating, NRA member...the news coverage would have been unending.

Am I missing something? Where is the outrage to take our guns this time?

 

Unfortunately, in this day and age, the event just wasn't big enough and deadly enough to generate outrage. I would argue this event got a lot more coverage than I would have expected. No deaths; all adults involved; only three people shot and just one of them serious - there are shooting events like this happening daily in this country. The only reason this got the coverage it did was because it was at YouTube.

 

Here is the question that we should be asking:

 

Why did this shooting get so much media coverage?

Unfortunately, in this day and age, the event just wasn't big enough and deadly enough to generate outrage. I would argue this event got a lot more coverage than I would have expected. No deaths; all adults involved; only three people shot and just one of them serious - there are shooting events like this happening daily in this country. The only reason this got the coverage it did was because it was at YouTube.

 

Here is the question that we should be asking:

 

Why did this shooting get so much media coverage?

 

I will play along, because it is a narrative buster.

I will play along, because it is a narrative buster.

 

Are you saying this event got so much media coverage because it busts up the narrative of anti guns and anti-nra?

I agree, but when talking types of guns that are now legal that some, many, etc. believe should be illegal that is the concern. You know why or, maybe you don't, that is when the debate starts.

 

If she had a A-15, more than likely there could have been more dead and injured. But there is no sense debating. It is all or nothing for the extreme on both sides of the gun debate.

 

Contrary to popular belief I am for a bunch more gun control but unlike most others that want more gun control I don't minor in the majors and major in the minors.

Are you saying this event got so much media coverage because it busts up the narrative of anti guns and anti-nra?

 

Remember, I was playing along, I don't think I agree this got "so much media coverage."

 

I suppose time will tell.

It got non-stop coverage all afternoon on the major cable network channels plus follow-up coverage from there as a lead story on every news channel I looked at.

Contrary to popular belief I am for a bunch more gun control but unlike most others that want more gun control I don't minor in the majors and major in the minors.

 

Everyone agrees there should be gun control, even the NRA. The question is where do the lines get drawn. If anyone doubts that statement, answer this question. Is the NRA okay with convicted murderers having any weapon they want when they get out of prison?

Everyone agrees there should be gun control, even the NRA. The question is where do the lines get drawn. If anyone doubts that statement, answer this question. Is the NRA okay with convicted murderers having any weapon they want when they get out of prison?

 

If they were how would that be any different then the extreme left wanting all other rights restored to them?

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.