Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Active Shooter at YouTube HQ

Featured Replies

It got non-stop coverage all afternoon on the major cable network channels plus follow-up coverage from there as a lead story on every news channel I looked at.

 

Yeah, I was wondering about that statement as well about this being "buried" by the media. NPR, AP and Slate was all over it. I don't watch the 24hr news channels, so I can't speak to their level of interest.

  • Replies 67
  • Views 6.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Everyone agrees there should be gun control, even the NRA. The question is where do the lines get drawn. If anyone doubts that statement, answer this question. Is the NRA okay with convicted murderers having any weapon they want when they get out of prison?

 

Tough call on where the line is drawn.

Guy I work basically broke down and had to go on leave. Should he be allowed to own a gun? If so when? I've always said, those that are willing to shoot folks down at not mentally well. Yet we have no way to determine what are the danger signs.

As for your convicted murderers owning guns again question--ummm NO! They gave up that right.

It got non-stop coverage all afternoon on the major cable network channels plus follow-up coverage from there as a lead story on every news channel I looked at.

 

Yeah, I was wondering about that statement as well about this being "buried" by the media. NPR, AP and Slate was all over it. I don't watch the 24hr news channels, so I can't speak to their level of interest.

 

It got news coverage right up until they identified the shooter and type of weapon they used. Then it disappeared.

It got non-stop coverage all afternoon on the major cable network channels plus follow-up coverage from there as a lead story on every news channel I looked at.

 

What major cable network channels do you watch?

  • Author
Yeah, I was wondering about that statement as well about this being "buried" by the media. NPR, AP and Slate was all over it. I don't watch the 24hr news channels, so I can't speak to their level of interest.

 

I was covered everywhere as it was happening. Once it was over and the facts started coming out the news channels transitioned back to their normal drivel. Evening news did touch on it, but it was still relatively new news at that point. Within just a few hours of the event is was barely getting mentioned on news channels as part of their hourly housekeeping of the days headlines...no non-stop blathering commentary once the facts came out.

I was covered everywhere as it was happening. Once it was over and the facts started coming out the news channels transitioned back to their normal drivel. Evening news did touch on it, but it was still relatively new news at that point. Within just a few hours of the event is was barely getting mentioned on news channels as part of their hourly housekeeping of the days headlines...no non-stop blathering commentary once the facts came out.

 

I guess my question is: Is that enough? It's over, she's dead, and she didn't kill anyone but herself? Why is this so awful beyond the fact that she did an awful thing? Do you need 64 more hours of coverage from the 24hr news networks to make you feel better?

 

I guess I just don't get it, even though I have a great understanding of how the news cycle works.

  • Author
I guess my question is: Is that enough? It's over, she's dead, and she didn't kill anyone but herself? Why is this so awful beyond the fact that she did an awful thing? Do you need 64 more hours of coverage from the 24hr news networks to make you feel better?

 

I guess I just don't get it, even though I have a great understanding of how the news cycle works.

 

I think the question being asked is if some of the parameters were different, some media would have made this a much bigger deal. But she didn't check any of the boxes they wanted checked, so they just moved on.

I think the question being asked is if some of the parameters were different, some media would have made this a much bigger deal. But she didn't check any of the boxes they wanted checked, so they just moved on.

 

Again, proper news media was all over it. Sorry it didn't suit you that garbage media (24hr news channels) aren't beating it to death. Would that make you feel better? It has totally not been ignored.

  • Author
Again, proper news media was all over it. Sorry it didn't suit you that garbage media (24hr news channels) aren't beating it to death. Would that make you feel better? It has totally not been ignored.

 

I don't care how much it was covered, my point and the point of others is if this shooter had been a right wing NRA member with a stars and bars tattoo it would still be all over the news.

I don't care how much it was covered, my point and the point of others is if this shooter had been a right wing NRA member with a stars and bars tattoo it would still be all over the news.

 

Have any of the shooters been right wing NRA etc.?

I don't care how much it was covered, my point and the point of others is if this shooter had been a right wing NRA member with a stars and bars tattoo it would still be all over the news.

 

Have we had any mass shooters that fit that bill?? This was a terrible incident, but let’s face it, no one died except the shooter. I don’t think the lack of coverage is due to the “boxes not being checked”. It simply isn’t on the same level as the other recent mass shootings. And if the ultimate goal was to ban all guns, wouldn’t it have made sense for this to get a ton of coverage? If complete gun control were the goal, EVERY shooting should be getting beat to death in the news.

Have any of the shooters been right wing NRA etc.?

 

From the way the NRA has been vilified since Parkland you would certainly think so.

I don't care how much it was covered, my point and the point of others is if this shooter had been a right wing NRA member with a stars and bars tattoo it would still be all over the news.

 

Facts are optional.

I don't care how much it was covered, my point and the point of others is if this shooter had been a right wing NRA member with a stars and bars tattoo it would still be all over the news.

 

Probably so. But to act like it was ignored is very disingenuous. Sorry the coverage didn't suit your needs.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.