Western Kentucky 92 Oklahoma State 84

16thBBall Fan

WKU is fun to watch. Really nice win in a hostile environment.

Agree

Big Justin Johnson fan since high school, honestly believe he has what it takes to play at the next level

Have always like Stansbury as well

That was impressive. WKU winning at Oklahoma State takes some toughness.

It has probably been posted on here before but I’ll ask:

Why did Cal pass on such a talent as Hollingsworth when he was right in his backyard? I have heard he had asked him to walk-on but if he did do that that’s basically passing on him. That kid is not a walk-on, at UK or anywhere else.

Why did Cal pass on such a talent as Hollingsworth when he was right in his backyard? I have heard he had asked him to walk-on but if he did do that that’s basically passing on him. That kid is not a walk-on, at UK or anywhere else.

Cal told him to wait a couple more months, Hollingsworth basically said "no thanks, I'm going to WKU."

One of the best games I've watched this year. That OK State team is solid. Beat 6 teams currently in the NCAA Sweet 16. They only had one loss (before tonight) to a school that didn't get into the NCAA Tournament (to Baylor).

Agree 100 %

Cal told him to wait a couple more months, Hollingsworth basically said "no thanks, I'm going to WKU."

Thanks. So he wasn’t asked to walk on, only to wait a couple months. That is a difference.

I kind of wish he had waited those two months and been a Cat. I like his game. But WKU is a great school and program with a lot of traditions.

Thanks. So he wasn’t asked to walk on, only to wait a couple months. That is a difference.

I kind of wish he had waited those two months and been a Cat. I like his game. But WKU is a great school and program with a lot of traditions.

Hind sight is 20/20. Not even WKU fans knew he would be this good this quick. Figured he would be a Junior/Senior breakout player/leader.

Hind sight is 20/20. Not even WKU fans knew he would be this good this quick. Figured he would be a Junior/Senior breakout player/leader.

You must not have seen him play much in High School. Of course no one could know for sure that he would play this well as a freshman but I definitely thought he was good enough to play at UK or UofL. I told friends last year I thought he had a chance at the NBA which might be a stretch but no one thought Shelvin Mack would be playing in the NBA. Hollingsworth was every bit as good as Mack in High School. It would just be nice to see a Lexington kid get recruited by Kentucky but I guess they have to be 5 star recruit. Glad that he did go to a Kentucky school even though I would have liked to seen him in Lexington.

Stansbury has done a great job getting WKU back in just two years. His first press conference was like Calipari's first press conference at Kentucky. It immediately gave the basketball program a jolt of energy that was sorely needed, especially after all the turnover during the latter part of the Harper years. I mean WKU had no guards on the roster when Stansbury took over.

It'd be great to win the NIT, but I'm just enjoying the ride right now. Beating a Big 12, PAC-12, and ACC team is not too shabby, especially when the former two were done on the road.