Tell Us Something About Yourself...

mcpapa

I work part-time in a liquor store as a second job.

I haven't been doing it very long, but the people watching is pure entertainment.

Love it. You should keep a journal.

This buddy of mine who used to run a liquor store here in Bardstown used to do long, involved Facebook posts documenting the weird stuff he would see or people would say/ask at the store — especially the drive-thru. Sadly he got out of the business before we could team up on a best-seller.

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On a mission trip to Thailand a group of us were visiting a university fencing club. When they found out that I had fencing experience, they invited me to compete against one of their members, Chun.

It wasn't until I was suiting up that they told me that Chun was their national champion, and had competed in the Olympics. 

I was totally defensive, and got creamed 10-2. But I was just happy I scored!

Always a good thing.

Bengal Maniac bought my lunch one time and I told him I would buy the next time, except there isn't going to be a next time because deep down, I am a no good, selfish fiend.

I owe TAC a chicken dinner from some kind of challenge several years.

It's looking pretty rough in the back of the fridge these days.

Wow.

Residency at Parkland and at the hospital the day Kennedy was shot. Connally stopped him laying on his gurney and ask when a doctor was going to attend to him. Saw Kennedy in OR room, obviously deceased, nurse dropped bloody scrubs in trash as he walked by, thought about picking them out of trash, but didn’t. Jackie was outside the room smoking, no one knew she smoked.

When I was in the 5th Grade I broke my arm in 3 places playing tackle football. The kicker was I was wearing my Girl Scout uniform(yes little green dress:wideyed:complete with sash which I used as a sling, never dawned on me that I broke it because I'd never had broken anything. I called my mom & told her I was sick to my stomach when she arrived I told her my stomach hurt but my arm was killing me. She took one look at my arm & declared it broke then took me to the hospital as usual she was right. The school 'outlawed' playing tackle football from that day forward.

On June 1st I will have been with my current employer 35 years.

I've broken both of my ankles twice.

When I was going to UK, I ran board for a local band called "Mystic Traveler".

I was the morning DJ at WMOR for one weekend. It's the only job I was ever fired from.