What Was Your Favorite UK Win in Your Lifetime?

Science Friction

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was in 10th grade in 1998 so the Laetenner shot was very fresh in my mind. Had a basement full of buddies. That was to me the best win yet. Maybe due to being young and impressionable, pure hatred for Duke, and the comeback and late game heroics all had a role in it. I still watch that full game on youtube once a year around tourney time.

If I had to pick just ONE, I would probably go with the '98 comeback in the Regional Finals.

Other memorables for varied reasons...

- 2012 Final Four and Championship game in-person. Not often do you get to be in person to witness your favorite team bring it home. The UL game I was nearly sick to my stomach and couldn't enjoy it. The Kansas game I was not remotely worried. It was more of a relief to have it over with, but still a memorable experience I got to have with my wife and good friends.

- 2011 Sweet 16 vs. Ohio State. Not sure why, but this was just an awesome game. I still get goosebumps thinking about.

- The run to the finals in 2014 was magic. It came during a work/move transition in my life and it gave me something positive to hang on to.

- Duke/UK in the Meadowlands in 2001. It was just a few months after 9/11 and it was unique to travel to NYC. Besides that, it was maybe the best college basketball game I've ever attended. UK lost in OT, but it sure was memorable. I think Jay Williams made about 37 three pointers that game.

- 1995 SEC Finals against Arkansas. UK got down by 9 in OT but clawed there way back against the reigning NCAA champs. Those Razorback teams were loaded.

2012 Title game vs Kansas.

1998 Elite 8 vs Duke, Final Four vs Stanford, Finals vs Utah. As many of you have said what a run.

2011 Sweet 16 vs Ohio State. My roommate at the time, an annoyingly huge OSU fan.

2014 Sweet 16 vs Louisville, Elite 8 vs Michigan, Final Four vs Wisconsin. Another great run.

This is literally my exact list I was about to post. I was going to add Wichita State for that 2014 list. That whole run was my favorite.

#1 2014 run to final 4 (pure fun), #2 1992 loss to Duke (hated it but loved it), #3 1998 regional final vs Duke (watching Duke squirm with no timeouts), #4 1975 regional final vs IU (Knights wife cussing at UK fans ), #5 Bayou miracle (pure craziness)

84 SEC Title game against Auburn, Kenny Walker's last-second shot beats the Tigers and leaves Charles Barkley sitting on the floor crying.

98 Region Finals comeback against Duke, which catapulted them to the Title that season.

There are plenty that I have loved but those will probably always be my two favorites.

Loved the bolded game too. That was some measure of payback for what Laettner did a few years earlier.

I remember that game vs. IU-----was played in Dayton if memory serves.

I'm hazy on the particulars but the game where UK came back from 30+ points to beat LSU. I think this was during the probation period or right after it.

Rex Chapman lit up UL in Freedom Hall.

Some the UK-ND games in Freedom Hall during Christmas season. Notre Dame had sone very, very good players but UK always seemed to win. Was quite an atmosphere in that arena.

I remember those UK-ND games. Digger had very little success against KY. Some great games and great atmospheres though.