What Was Your Favorite UK Win in Your Lifetime?

Science Friction

While it wasn't anywhere near my favorite game, there was a game back in the nineties in which UK scored almost 90 pts in the first half against LSU. I think that was during the Antoine Walker era. Anyone remember that game?

1996 game.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The 1993 regional semifinal against wake Forest....Utter domination...love to go back and watch it from time to time. That was the game where Mashburn and Travis Ford couldn't miss. It prompted Al Mcguire, who was doing color for that game...as the cats were running off the floor at the end of the first half...To speak that marvelous line..."You can't see the Forest for the threes!"

While it wasn't anywhere near my favorite game, there was a game back in the nineties in which UK scored almost 90 pts in the first half against LSU. I think that was during the Antoine Walker era. Anyone remember that game?

1996 game.

Didn't Dale Brown get ejected from that game?

The 1993 regional semifinal against wake Forest....Utter domination...love to go back and watch it from time to time. That was the game where Mashburn and Travis Ford couldn't miss. It prompted Al Mcguire, who was doing color for that game...as the cats were running off the floor at the end of the first half...To speak that marvelous line..."You can't see the Forest for the threes!"

Another good one.

I think it was 86-42 at halftime and Dick Vitale couldn't give Kentucky enough compliments as they left the floor. Walker had 28 at the half! You can find it on YouTube. That team was so fun - they had a similar win over TCU a week or two later.

It was 34-8 and went to a commercial. I remember the play by play man, I think Dick Stockton, describing it as "a withering display of basketball talent."

It was 34-8 and went to a commercial. I remember the play by play man, I think Dick Stockton, describing it as "a withering display of basketball talent."

If there was a perfect exhibition of Pitino Ball it was that game and their execution. That Wake Forest had beaten eventual champ UNC decisively the month before.

Yes, it was the best half of basketball I've ever seen. Scoring 86 on a legitimate opponent, a conference opponent, is incredible.

'98 Regional game vs. Duke is the obvious choice for me. Wayne Turner taking over.

The stretch of early-mid 90s UK vs. Arkansas games was my favorite time as a UK fan though. Win or lose, that series of games was incredible.

They destroyed Tim Duncan--who had been unstoppable all year--that night.

The 1996 team was so good that I agree with many of these games but the Miracle on the Bayou is my favorite all-time game. I almost turned it off I was so disappointed in the game. Rewatching is even better because you see Dale Brown pumping his fists at the crowd and that left handed shooter they had was going off. Crowd was going nuts. Down 31 with 16 minutes left on the road and win by 4. Never seen anything like it.

That was the team that I felt like was almost a lock to win it all. I have never seen a stretch of games where a team played that well. I think that was the team that beat Tennessee 101-40.