Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

All A Thoughts and Predictions

Featured Replies

  • Replies 32
  • Views 7.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Louisville Collegiate gets no love. 17-4 and getting picked to lose to Raceland. Their 2nd round matchup would be Lexington Christian, who I think is head and shoulders above the rest of the field.

 

Collegiate's schedule is awful,.. and i mean AWFUL. Sure they are 17-4, but they are Litkenhous rated #13 of 18 in the region and have lost to (5-15) Shawnee(who was rated #15 in the region). When they had an opportunity to step up against solid competition, they lost 83-45 to a 12-8 Male team. Its a good record and I am glad they are enjoying victories , but that schedule,.. ugh. They have St X(11-8) coming up as their only other big chance to step it up.

 

Raceland 70.2 Litkenhous

Collegiate 58.8 Litkenhous

 

my prediction

 

Raceland 61

Collegiate 48

Mayfield is REALLY good. They probably have the most impressive wins of anybody in the tournament. It seems LCA's ratings are boosted by losses to really good teams. But in reality, they don't have the wins that Mayfield Has. When we beat Mayfield earlier in the year they were without one of their best players and so were we (Trice). So it's hard to gauge that game.

 

Mayfield has beaten UHA (albeit without their second best player) and John Hardin.

 

Walton Verona is a tough team to gauge as well as they are playing without their big guy.

 

I think Mayfield definitely makes the final. Then I think the winner of UHA and LCA makes the final. The talk among folks I know at UHA say that they think the game boils down to LCA making 3's and UHA rebounding. If UHA can't close out on their shooters and can't draw even on the boards they will struggle to win. But if they can defend the 3 point line and hold their own in rebounding they think they have a very good shot.

 

I think LCA's 15 point win over Mercer Co without LCA's best player would rank up there with any of the other teams best wins.

 

Walton-Verona also had some quality wins in the KOB including Mercer Co and had a nice win this past week at Campbell Co.

 

Those are 3 very good teams and I expect one of them will win the tournament.

Collegiate's schedule is awful,.. and i mean AWFUL. Sure they are 17-4, but they are Litkenhous rated #13 of 18 in the region and have lost to (5-15) Shawnee(who was rated #15 in the region). When they had an opportunity to step up against solid competition, they lost 83-45 to a 12-8 Male team. Its a good record and I am glad they are enjoying victories , but that schedule,.. ugh. They have St X(11-8) coming up as their only other big chance to step it up.

 

Raceland 70.2 Litkenhous

Collegiate 58.8 Litkenhous

 

my prediction

 

Raceland 61

Collegiate 48

 

I'm planning to watch all 8 games tomorrow, and there is at the very least something I am looking forward to seeing in every game except this one.

 

Can anyone please tell me something to be excited for in the Raceland/Collegiate matchup?

I'm planning to watch all 8 games tomorrow, and there is at the very least something I am looking forward to seeing in every game except this one.

 

Can anyone please tell me something to be excited for in the Raceland/Collegiate matchup?

 

I know very little about Raceland, but it appears that both teams have players in the 6'5" range with some ability. I will be interested to see what people think about Collegiate's Eli Allen, who is about 6'3" and a tremendous shooter. Collegiate should have a good crowd there, as I think the whole student body will be there.

I like Walton to cut the nets down..

Can anyone please tell me something to be excited for in the Raceland/Collegiate matchup?

 

I know nothing about Raceland, except that their basketball program normally plays second fiddle to football.

Raceland is on a roll this year, with their footballers making it to the Class 1-A State Finals and now the basketball team advancing to Richmond.

 

I think it would be great if the Rams could win a game or two and enjoy the ride normally reserved for the odd-ballers, while in Richmond.

I know very little about Raceland, but it appears that both teams have players in the 6'5" range with some ability. I will be interested to see what people think about Collegiate's Eli Allen, who is about 6'3" and a tremendous shooter. Collegiate should have a good crowd there, as I think the whole student body will be there.

 

Collegiate is relatively young and has three transfers (along with Allen) who do the scoring. Offense revolves around Chez Moore(20.3 ppg 9.6 rpg). His inside presence will open up outside shooting. I also thought Allen was a better shooter than the numbers suggest. He is 37.1% from 3-point distance. This will be critical in tight games. Allen was 1-7 and 0-8 on 3-pointers in LCDs first 2 losses. There are no stats on the losses to Shawnee and Male.

 

If Raceland can shut down Moore on the inside, or Moore gets in early foul trouble, Collegiate will struggle.

 

Raceland relies on more seniors and has an older team.

 

If there is one thing to watch for , it is Chez Moore from Collegiate. How good is he? and how good will he be over the next few years(he is a soph.).

Tonight...I gotta pull for the Black Devils of Robertson County!!

Fun Fact, Collegiate's head of school is UHA basketball legend and Harvard Graduate James White.

 

James is an amazing human being... Great guy. And was a heck of a ball player back in the day.

Mayfield is the real deal. I have seen them play 3 times this season and they are a talented and well coached group. Lex Christian may be the favorite in my mind.

I’m going with WV to win it all.

Should be a great Tournament.

Mayfield is the real deal. I have seen them play 3 times this season and they are a talented and well coached group. Lex Christian may be the favorite in my mind.

 

I'd rank the teams this way.

 

1. LCA

2. Mayfield

3. UHA

4. Walton Verona

5. Pikeville

6.Sommerset

7. Beechwood

8. O Cath

9. Knott

10. Collegiate

11. Robertson

12. Holy Cross

 

But 10-12 is a big tossup in my opinion.

Wow, no love for Knott Central in these predictions.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.