Todd Haley Will Not Return to the Steelers

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yea, fire this rotten offensive coordinator! Unproductive. :rolleyes:

He failed to call the quarterback sneak on 4th down with his quarterback being a 35 year old, often injured player. I would love to see the reaction if Todd Haley called the QB sneak and Big Ben was injured. Then they ought to fire him.

I hear what you are saying but my guess is Haley is kind of a jerk and since they will be changing QBs soon they might as well change their OC too.

I didn't know that.

So Todd Haley and Ben Roethlisberger are both jerks.

What does that combination give you?

That gives you two guys that can stand up to each other and work well together.

What it may not give you is the OC you want dealing with a new QB.

By discipline I mean more than just on field antics or dumb penalties. More about things like last week leading up to the Jags game it was all talk about the Patriots. Tomlin said he was ok with that. AB Facebook living the locker room last year. Just stupid stuff like that. You don’t see stuff like that from the Patriots. I may be wrong but I think the Patriots are who the Steelers aspire to be. A good start would be to act like the Patriots do.

Ehhhh, yeah. Those antics don’t bother me. When I think discipline I think about stupid penalties committed after making a stop on third and long. I’m glad everyone doesn’t act all fake like the Patriots do. That act is old.

Ehhhh, yeah. Those antics don’t bother me. When I think discipline I think about stupid penalties committed after making a stop on third and long. I’m glad everyone doesn’t act all fake like the Patriots do. That act is old.

I don’t believe in giving teams bulletin board material. Is the Patriots act boring and probably fake? Hell yeah it is but it works. Same with Saban at Bama.

I don’t believe in giving teams bulletin board material. Is the Patriots act boring and probably fake? Hell yeah it is but it works. Same with Saban at Bama.

I don’t believe in bulletin board material having an affect on games. You’re either better than that team on a given day or you’re not.

This is the same mind set that the Bengals have. I want them to get rid of Lewis because they can’t beat the Steelers. There are not a lot of great candidates but to me it is obvious that Tomlin can’t beat the Patriots. Heck they choke this year before they get a chance. I hope they do keep him because they won’t win the AFC. Steeler fans if you don’t want a change fine but in my opinion then you are fine with AFC North titles and no shot at a ring

I am not a Steelers fan by any sense of the word, but it hurt their D I think a lot more than people thought losing Ryan Shazier. Also if you take a look at the Steelers regular season record 13-3. They had the 3rd easiest schedule in the league this season and over half of their 13 wins (7-13) came against teams whose combined record was 18-58 and out of their 13 wins only 4 teams had winning records and only 3 teams they defeated actually made the playoffs.

So give up a really good OC for a QB who has contemplated retirement at the end of each of the past 2 seasons. Makes sense.

Really good oc is debatable imo. As i stated when people talked of wanting Haley as coach. When you watch the Steelers Big Ben changes a lot of Haley play calls at the line. Bell doesn't get his yards off these great designed runs. He gets a lot off of waiting behind the line until something opens up. Antonio Brown is the best at getting open after his initial route that was called is covered. Big Ben is one of the best all time at extending plays. Meaning the original routes that was called wasn't open and it comes from wrs breaking off routes to get open as Big Ben extends the play.

Haley is not a bad Oc. I just wouldn't say really good either.

I don’t believe in bulletin board material having an affect on games. You’re either better than that team on a given day or you’re not.

I believe that having a culture of arrogance has an effect on games. You honestly think the Steelers went into that game the same way they would have approached the Patriots game? I don’t.

Really good oc is debatable imo. As i stated when people talked of wanting Haley as coach. When you watch the Steelers Big Ben changes a lot of Haley play calls at the line. Bell doesn't get his yards off these great designed runs. He gets a lot off of waiting behind the line until something opens up. Antonio Brown is the best at getting open after his initial route that was called is covered. Big Ben is one of the best all time at extending plays. Meaning the original routes that was called wasn't open and it comes from wrs breaking off routes to get open as Big Ben extends the play.

Haley is not a bad Oc. I just wouldn't say really good either.

We’ll have to agree to disagree on Haley then. I don’t think he’s Josh McDaniels but I think he’s in the top tier of 10-12 playcallers in the league.