Todd Haley Will Not Return to the Steelers

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I believe that having a culture of arrogance has an effect on games. You honestly think the Steelers went into that game the same way they would have approached the Patriots game? I don’t.

They went into that game thinking they were already playing the Patriots. Even though Jax embarrassed them earlier in the year, they weren’t even thinking about them. All they could think about was not choking against the Patriots again.

I keep seeing “can’t beat the Patriots”. When have the Steelers had a better team than the Patriots and lost to them and how many times has that happened? I honestly can’t remember anytime that Tom Brady has been healthy and I felt like the Steelers had a better team. Because of that opinion of mine I don’t know how firing one of the top 3 coaches in the AFC makes any sense.

I am not a Steelers fan by any sense of the word, but it hurt their D I think a lot more than people thought losing Ryan Shazier. Also if you take a look at the Steelers regular season record 13-3. They had the 3rd easiest schedule in the league this season and over half of their 13 wins (7-13) came against teams whose combined record was 18-58 and out of their 13 wins only 4 teams had winning records and only 3 teams they defeated actually made the playoffs.

Which means they took care of business like they should have and their coaching staff got the most out of their team.

I believe that having a culture of arrogance has an effect on games. You honestly think the Steelers went into that game the same way they would have approached the Patriots game? I don’t.

Nope but they have been talking about the rematch with the Patriots since they lost the regular season matchup.

Nope but they have been talking about the rematch with the Patriots since they lost the regular season matchup.

And they are good enough to get by most teams in the league with that thinking. The Jags were too good to let that happen.