Is there basketball redistricting occurring today?

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't think you'd get much complaint from any of those schools.

The 31st is currently 5 teams right? Owen, Gallatin, Carroll, Eminence, and Henry. Move SK to the 9th. Take Owen out of 31st and into the 32nd. Problem solved. This makes too much sense to actually happen.

The 31st is currently 5 teams right? Owen, Gallatin, Carroll, Eminence, and Henry. Move SK to the 9th. Take Owen out of 31st and into the 32nd. Problem solved. This makes too much sense to actually happen.

I don't think just moving SK to the 9th works, 21 schools might be a little crowded.

It would be nice if there was a way to get at least sixteen teams in each region (or seventeen or eighteen if there are single-sex schools). The problem with that, and I've tried to draw it up myself, is the number of teams in western Kentucky just isn't large enough to avoid massive geography issues. A new school in Henderson County and another new school in Bowling Green would really help make the math easier! :lol2:

I don't think just moving SK to the 9th works, 21 schools might be a little crowded.

How many schools are currently in the 10th?

I know the 9th is the most logical solution since closest mostly but with Scott and Campbell Co in the 10th not sure you can rule it out if number of teams makes more sense.

How many schools are currently in the 10th?

I know the 9th is the most logical solution since closest mostly but with Scott and Campbell Co in the 10th not sure you can rule it out if number of teams makes more sense.

They should be with the NKY schools anyways so they should figure something out to achieve that. SK in the 8th is silly.

Don't get me wrong, I agree that SK being in the 8th makes no sense. I am just saying that moving them to the 9th is not a simple solution and moving them to the 10th might not be any better than their current situation.

There are 4 public schools in Boone County, they play in the same District... The 3 public schools in Kenton County are not even in the same Region. :ohbrother:

Don't get me wrong, I agree that SK being in the 8th makes no sense. I am just saying that moving them to the 9th is not a simple solution and moving them to the 10th might not be any better than their current situation.

There are 4 public schools in Boone County, they play in the same District... The 3 public schools in Kenton County are not even in the same Region. :ohbrother:

I understand it’s not as easy as simply putting them in the 9th and it would probably require quite a bit of adjustments within the 9th, but they need to figure it out.

Just throwing this out for fun but SK is the most southern Kenton right? I think Ryle is the most southern Boone school. What if they got moved to the 8th with SK? That would make the 9th 20 teams. How many would that make in the 8th?

Just throwing this out for fun but SK is the most southern Kenton right? I think Ryle is the most southern Boone school. What if they got moved to the 8th with SK? That would make the 9th 20 teams. How many would that make in the 8th?

Technically the southern most school in Boone County is Walton Verona. But everyone seems to be on board with the fact that SK should be in the 9th. The drive to Henry County is way too far for region and then if they want to play the best competition in the region they would have to travel all the way to Oldham and Shelby County which is well over 2 hours from independence or one of those schools would have to go all the way to Independence. That’s absurd. Adding yet another NKY school to the region would only double the problem. They just need to figure out a way to get SK in the 9th region.