Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Tennessee 76 Kentucky 65

Featured Replies

A road loss to a good Tennessee team isn't going to keep them out of the tournament

  • Replies 34
  • Views 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Let's face it, Cal also got out coached by Rick Barnes. You can't defend the out of bounds when you don't have your own good ones you run in practice. I agree they all backed down when punched as well too.

Always out coached and this is just the fact.......now we will hear Cal make excuses for his young team and how they need more time to gel and Camp Cal and all this bull crap.......same ole same ole!!!

Anyone want to question UKs ranking now? Cal is missing an alpha dog rockstar and it’s showing badly.

Its January and this team seems to be going backwards. Not good.

Its January and this team seems to be going backwards. Not good.

One terrible half (2nd half in this case) or game doesn't indicate going backwards.....just say'n. At least imo it doesn't.

Anyone want to question UKs ranking now? Cal is missing an alpha dog rockstar and it’s showing badly.

 

Vanderbilt seems to be getting closer, that should help.

O.K., the sky is not falling and the sun did rise in the eastern sky this morning, it's not the end of the season. What this was is another loss at UT / Knoxville, a place where historically the Cats have had trouble. We all have watched even great U.K. teams struggle, lose at Knoxville. I had predicted that UK would lose this one in the prediction thread.

As for the entire game itself, I was overall pleased with the 1st half. U.K. was running the offense, getting the ball inside where there was a big advantage. Washington looked very good scoring inside and then he got in foul trouble. As for the 2nd half, UT coach R. Barnes made adjustments, turned the game around and the Cats never found an answer for and that was as bad of played half of basketball as this team has had this season. What upset me more than anything was at times it did appear that they didn't show effort. Having said that, I wonder if the Flu that several players have had in the last couple of weeks or so had any role in it. I am not trying to make excuses bc that's something that I never do. Only reason I mentioned it was effort and/or desire are things that I haven't questioned with this U.K. team, unlike the "NIT" team of a few years past that I tagged as the "uncoachables".

Bottom line is that the Vols executed / played better, UT came out of halftime and just punched our guys in the mouth and kicked U.K.'s butts.

I hope that the Cats come ready to play on Tues. vs. A&M w/o a "Vol hangover" and not let UT beat us twice.

Playing their best in March still resulted in a loss in the round of 32 in the tourney. If they were underseeded and Indiana was underseeded wouldn't that have equaled out? Or should IU have been a number 1 or number 2 seed? This team won't see the second weekend of the tournament. If they even make the big dance.

 

If they were both underseeded then they both wouldn't have played in the 2nd round. Uk would have been a 3 and Indiana a 4. Meaning they wouldn't play in second round.

 

As for your last sentence that follows suit with same comments we heard 3 out of last 4 years.

Its January and this team seems to be going backwards. Not good.

 

Um this is what happens every time during this time of year. I tried to tell people who all said I can't wait to see how they look after camp cal. However they never look great after camp cal. In fact they take a step back during conference time while trying to learn the stuff he practiced in camp cal. However come end of February they put it together.

The people who complain so much about Cal who do you want as coach then?

I'm a UK fan, but not a fanatical one.I root for wins but when they don't come, I'm over it after about 10 or 15 minutes. I will make this one observation that applies to me, at least. In my 55th year of life on this planet and about my 48th year of following UK basketball, I must say that this the most uninteresting and uninspiring version that I can remember. Maybe it's my fault and not the team. I would be hard-pressed to name six or eight of the players on this team. I have just never bonded with this bunch of one and done and no fun'ers. It's probably on me that I find this team so uninspiring. Btw, I can still name every player on the '78 National Championship team(same for the '75 team that beat Indiana in the Mideast regional final).

These one and done 's will be two and done come March, I'm afraid.

I guess I'm in the camp that doesn't understand people who say that they can't bond or connect with the one and done players. I thoroughly enjoy them. Expecting perfection out of them says you're doing it wrong, not them. I enjoy watching the coaching job that Cal does throughout the year to prepare them to play their best basketball come March.

The people who complain so much about Cal who do you want as coach then?
There isn't enough space to list them all but Brad Stevens would be my number one
There isn't enough space to list them all but Brad Stevens would be my number one

 

:banghead:

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.