Central Florida 34 Auburn 27

hrcarrier

Jay Hatch responding to the Bill Hancock's defense of it's ranking of UCF.

UCF: ‘Can we join your conference?’

P5: ‘no’

UCF: ‘Can we at least play some of your teams?’

P5: ‘no’

UCF: ‘Look! We went undefeated!’

P5: ‘Join a better conference and play tougher teams!’

See the problem here?

Except P5 teams do play them. They had two on the schedule this year.

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I love it! I love the fact that they are not letting this go and is becoming a national Story. The more stuff like this happens the better chance of getting to an 8 team playoff.

College football is the only sport that uses opinions to basically crown a champion. There is zero definite way of knowing you will make it. It all comes down to opinion. That is why I think you have to have 8 teams with all 5 power 5 conference champs automatically making it. Then have a stipulation where a team has a hear like UCF this year they get in. As see have seen we all have opinions, but no one truly knows until they play on the field.

If someone asked after Auburn beat down both Georgia and Bama. Would UCF have a shot to best Auburn even with a month to get ready. People would have said no shot. College football truly doesn't crown a champ by results on the field. They do it by opinion. Would UCF have won it probably not, did they as a team deserve a shot probably. That's why 8 team playoff needs to happen.

UCF is going to hang a national championship banner and pay their entire coaching staff their national championship bonuses.

Okay, that's pretty funny! However that is generous of the school to pay the bonuses. Isn't the head coach moving on? If so that's really really generous.

Okay, that's pretty funny! However that is generous of the school to pay the bonuses. Isn't the head coach moving on? If so that's really really generous.

Yes and several assistsants I think. They are essentially naming themselves national champs. I'm trying to get Morehead to do the same thing in basketball

Just not enough money to go around for the kids to get anything extra....

The word fair gets thrown around a whole lot in the high school forum but at least there everyone has a chance to earn a shot at a title. This is proof positive that a non-P5 school will never get a chance to play in the playoff unless tey expand it.

Notre Dame could get in.

The word fair gets thrown around a whole lot in the high school forum but at least there everyone has a chance to earn a shot at a title. This is proof positive that a non-P5 school will never get a chance to play in the playoff unless tey expand it.

I would not say "no shot," but a lot has to work in their favor. For one, you have to dominate your conference. No seven point shootouts with Memphis and South Florida or hang on wins against SMU and Navy. Much of the year they did not look the part. Some pre-season hype helps as well. South Florida was seen as the team to beat in the AAC, not Central Florida. Had they started the season as a top 20 team and not unranked, it would have made a difference (fair or not).

Edited by bugatti

I love it! I love the fact that they are not letting this go and is becoming a national Story. The more stuff like this happens the better chance of getting to an 8 team playoff.

College football is the only sport that uses opinions to basically crown a champion. There is zero definite way of knowing you will make it. It all comes down to opinion. That is why I think you have to have 8 teams with all 5 power 5 conference champs automatically making it. Then have a stipulation where a team has a hear like UCF this year they get in. As see have seen we all have opinions, but no one truly knows until they play on the field.

If someone asked after Auburn beat down both Georgia and Bama. Would UCF have a shot to best Auburn even with a month to get ready. People would have said no shot. College football truly doesn't crown a champ by results on the field. They do it by opinion. Would UCF have won it probably not, did they as a team deserve a shot probably. That's why 8 team playoff needs to happen.

I do not want 8 teams but understand the argument for it. However I'm completely opposed to automatic bids of any kind.

I do not want 8 teams but understand the argument for it. However I'm completely opposed to automatic bids of any kind.

Why? So you like opinions deciding who the best teams are? Opinions would have also thought no chance ucf beats auburn. Opinions are worthless and don't truly crown a champ. Plus with conferences being unequal. Why should opinions determine which conference was tougher. Why should opinions determine what teams have had the toughest games. At the end of the day no one knows exactly how another team would have done with someone else's schedule. That should be settled on the field. Which is why all 5 conference champs should make it. Yeah you might have a year where a conference championship has a true upset. However that is why there is also 3 at larges. It's not like one of the best teams would get left out in that scenario.

Why? So you like opinions deciding who the best teams are? Opinions would have also thought no chance ucf beats auburn. Opinions are worthless and don't truly crown a champ. Plus with conferences being unequal. Why should opinions determine which conference was tougher. Why should opinions determine what teams have had the toughest games. At the end of the day no one knows exactly how another team would have done with someone else's schedule. That should be settled on the field. Which is why all 5 conference champs should make it. Yeah you might have a year where a conference championship has a true upset. However that is why there is also 3 at larges. It's not like one of the best teams would get left out in that scenario.

Because I'm for the best teams making it regardless of conference and who the champion of that conference is. Automatic bids all but guarantee a lesser team gets in over a better team. Take this year for example...if there were 8 teams in I'm not 100% sure I'd put a Pac 10 team in. You say take opinions out, then why just the Power 5 winners get automatic bids? In your opinion those champs are better than the champs from the G5 (or whatever they're called) teams.

I honestly think the better way to do it is use the BCS computers to pick the playoff teams. Regardless of the whining during the BCS era, they got it right.